That is spectacular, something very special indeed.  Those first two photos could actually be a real aircraft - no better compliment available.

Stunning work buddy, just stunning.

Phil

• Like 3

Fantastic modelwork!

AND excellent bare-metal job.

Besides a Mirage model is in itself high art ;)

Cheers, Moggy (admirer of Mirages of all marks & models)

Edited by Moggy
typo
  • Like 1

Despite your struggles you've got the natural metal look spot on. The Mirage III is a very elegant jet.

If you managed to photograph it against a typical Swiss mountain backdrop you couldn't tell it wasn't real.

• Like 1

Hi,

unbelievable that’s 1/72 scale. You have done a perfect job I would say . A superb Alclad finish! The 2. picture from above looks absolute perfect from this view. Perfect photography that I like so much. 
Thx for sharing. 

Cheers Andy 

• Like 1

Hi David,

I was already hooked by your WIP and your rollout continues to amaze. Hardly have I ever seen such a nice photography of a kit, it looks so "real". I especially like the photo during the sunset, very atmospheric.

There is only one word: SPECTECULAR :worthy:

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

Caught the atmosphere of the real thing beautifully.

I remember reading an Airforces Monthly mag in the 1980's, lead article was about the Swiss AF 'Defending Neutrality' and the jets looked just like that.

Astounding work.

• Like 1

Man, what a stunning model. I am Swiss and always loved the Swiss Airforce Mirages - you did it more than justice. congrats and hat off. I do have the kit too and will be happy if mine turns out only half as good as yours. Cheers, Michael

PS: for those interested - here a video of the real deal (IIIRS recce) flying in the Swiss alps: 

Edited by WildeSau75
  • Like 2