Zvezda airliner windows question

As a novice airliner builder I understand most builders fill in the window s with putty and then use window decals which I plan to do on my build of an A321.

Has any had success using the moulded window inserts and then fixed decals over the top or should I stick with puttying in the window holes?

There are no hard and fast rules and you won't go wrong if you bin the kit windows and fill with Milliput from the inside.

Being a mean sod and not wanting to use more Milliput than I need, personally I would superglue the kit glazing in place then apply a thin "skim" coat of Milliput on the outside. (It's a good idea to run strips of masking tape just above and just below the windows to keep the Milliput where it needs to go). Once it's dry the Milliput can be lightly sanded down. That's what I did on my three recent-ish Zvezda builds, a 738, a Tu-204 and a 737-700.

Solvent-based glues and fillers are better kept away from window openings which often have very thin edges, hence my use of superglue and Milliput.

Hope that's some help

Dave G

If the kit has moulded clear windows I often stick them in and then apply Milliput from the outside, and smooth it all down.

Either way works though.

[edit] Dave beat me to it, and explained it better![/edit]

Guys thanks for the guidance. I am trying to get all the necessary parts in place for the A321 build. Holts Grey on order, Halfords white already to decant and Authentic Airliner decals for the corragard and windows.

Thanks to Dave's advice on the engines. I have tacked both sets together and worked out the correct set so hope to start building soon. I normally build 1/35 Armour or 1/48 Modern Aircraft so have Milliput.