This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

shortCummins

1:32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc

50058477987_c9b9eee23a.jpg

So while I’m trying to work out how to add the plumbing to the other side of the fuselage I decided to finish off the instrument panel bulkhead and control column sub-assembly.

50062385822_916d112fe0_c.jpg

50061575993_0aa4796b73_c.jpg

When I make another 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire I’ll remove the securing band for the 3 copper wires and attache them in one piece. Also I’ll replace the Tamiya IP decals with the Barracuda ones to get rid of the blue artificial horizon.

As a by-the-by I’ve decided not to use the Yahu version, to my eyes it looks a little too flat.

I had to dry-fit the IP and port fuselage sub-assemblies placed on the cockpit “floor frame”.

50062137011_ba39587ed5_c.jpg

50062136996_e80da99c4f_c.jpg

The starboard fuselage plumbing will be next, once I work out what I need to do.

until next time

as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Looking lovely, it will be very impressive when mounted in the fuselage.

Great work

All the best

Chris

Hey John

As Chris has said it will look ace when it’s completed and mounted in the fuselage, keep up the good work sir.

cheers

Iain

What a beautiful build of a beautiful kit of a beautiful machine! I'm going to follow your work, I'm very impressed!

Coming along nicely John - I'm still hovering nervously over the box for this one...

23 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking lovely, it will be very impressive when mounted in the fuselage.

Great work

All the best

Chris

20 hours ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Hey John

As Chris has said it will look ace when it’s completed and mounted in the fuselage, keep up the good work sir.

cheers

Iain

17 hours ago, Jur said:

What a beautiful build of a beautiful kit of a beautiful machine! I'm going to follow your work, I'm very impressed!

10 hours ago, Dunny said:

Coming along nicely John - I'm still hovering nervously over the box for this one...

thanks guys, I'm taking my time with this as I'm really enjoying the whole process, its a fantastic kit and I know that I'll be building the Mk.VIII, love the shark mouth Grey Nurse, and probably the Mk.XVI 

rgds

John(shortCummins)