Revell F/A-18F Super Hornet 1/48

Hi All

Hope you're all keeping well.

I have been fortunate enough to continue working through the lock down so my build count is still pretty pathetic for the year so far.

Started this kit several months ago, only returning every other weekend or so to continue.So here I present my attempt at Revell's 1/48 Super Hornet, not a bad kit to be honest, if I was to build again I think i would re-scribe the kit as I think the detail would have come out a little better and I would have made a better job of matching the red paint to the decals but it got to the point where i just wanted to get a model finished. I had also planned to add a couple of tanks to the wing pylons, you only get the central tank with the kit and no other stores for the pylons. I may add something later. I also managed to lose a door for the front under carriage, I'm sure i have a spare in the loft somewhere and will add at some point.

All said and done, I'm calling it complete and gagging to get my teeth into something new from the stash.

i enjoyed the build not really any issues I can say about it, hope you like her and thanks for looking

Darren

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

• Like 34

Hi, great looking build. I normally stick to wwll stuff but I was brought this one as a gift, so have it in the stash. Do you mind if I ask what colours you used?

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coolhand said:

Hi, great looking build. I normally stick to wwll stuff but I was brought this one as a gift, so have it in the stash. Do you mind if I ask what colours you used?

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, I used Revell's enamels from the codes in the instructions, need to mix for the underside. I've not yet gone to the acrylic side

Darren

Very good looking Hornet. I had built one and another is still in my stash. Really nice kit indeed; cockpit, canopy and landing gear details are really good. Lacking tanks, folded wings options and movable surfaces it misses the opportunity to be a rival to Hasegawa's kit but it's a good kit anyway and your's is a good build of it.

• Thanks 1