1/32 Saab JA-37 Viggen, by Jetmads

Creepy Pete

22 hours ago, flarpen said:

Could you please stay on topic? This thread is about the 1/32 Viggen.

Hard to ignore a Swedish comment when it's about Viggen :) 

However, the topic is somehow inevitably related to Jetmads as well, who is bringing us a 1/32 Viggen we would hardly dream of until very recently and is declaring that they are intending to bring many other kits no one is ever bothering to. So I guess it would not be a great digression to name a few other aircraft we wish Jetmads might be producing, as long as this does not turn into a "wish list" thread. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, RicardoD said:

Hard to ignore a Swedish comment when it's about Viggen :) 

However, the topic is somehow inevitably related to Jetmads as well, who is bringing us a 1/32 Viggen we would hardly dream of until very recently and is declaring that they are intending to bring many other kits no one is ever bothering to. So I guess it would not be a great digression to name a few other aircraft we wish Jetmads might be producing, as long as this does not turn into a "wish list" thread. 

Fair enough.

And if I should get on that bandwagon as well, they did state that with the interest in the Viggen that they are looking at other Swedish subjects, which is a good thing, a 1/32 Draken is probebly welcome.

• Like 4

@flarpen  Looking at comments both on Facebook and LSP (and through limited conversation with Jetmads myself) the Draken is pretty much confirmed anyway. It's more a matter of when than if. I think another manufacturer is doing the Tunnan, but expect to see a Lansen at some point too. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, richie894 said:

From the CAD it looks like no panel lines. Anyone know if it has recessed panel lines and details? I am on the list but could be a deal-breaker for me of there is no detail as I hate scribing. 

I think you only have to look at their D.558-I to know that it will be an awesome kit. Worry not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richie894 said:

From the CAD it looks like no panel lines. Anyone know if it has recessed panel lines and details? I am on the list but could be a deal-breaker for me of there is no detail as I hate scribing. 

I have their D-558-1 kit and I´m impressed by the quality of the kit. Really looking forward to the Viggen, there´s no reason to worry.

I shot an email to them and they responded immediately back. Good to go! 👍

Those CAD pictures carry “Intermediate Design Phase” mark, which means this is not a completed work. If you have seen the landing gear and cockpit images on our Facebook page, you must have noticed already what we mean by “Detailed Design Phase”, which is now being applied to the fuselage and wings as well. So the answer is a big “YES”, fuselage and wings have recessed panel lines and rivets, and every one of them. Images of the entirely finished aircraft will be posted on our FB page soon.

JETMADS Team

Edited by richie894
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

I should start working on some masking for the "fields and meadows" scheme by now...

I was tired of saying "hey, it's not the splinter scheme, it's Fields abd Meadows"... Nice to know I'm not alone :)

Paid for my copy now. I was hoping this would come out before the new year, but the time needed for delivery is understandable, considering they have 500 kits to produce. Anyway, a 1:32 Viggen is already a surprise and is definitely worth waiting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richie894 said:

How did you guys complete your preorder? Did they send an email with instructions today? I am on the list but didn't get anything in my inbox today.

I received the email on Wednesday and just placed the preorder on their website, the Viggen page under 1:32 products.

• Thanks 1