Removing bleed from under mask

A_S

Evening all

really pleased with how my mask has come out but there are a couple of areas where the red bled under the mask.

im planning on waiting for the paint to fully cure, masking the red and t cutting the bleed - has anyone got any other methods they could suggest?

fvBEpmY.jpg

1 minute ago, A_S said:

really pleased with how my mask has come out but there are a couple of areas where the red bled under the mask.

make sure the mask is well rubbed down, and seal mask with original colour,  so any bleed is in this case white.  You can use clear varnish as well.

Since you only have a small amount of bleed, carefully scrape off red with a sharp knife.  Others may have a better solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks, yes I had read that it’s a good idea to paint over the base colour once masked. I’ll try that next time. In this case the white has already been done so it’s a clean up job rather than repaint the white. As a result I’m not keen to use a knife as I’ll damage the white!

1. before it cures use toothpaste on a cotton-bud, aka a Q-tip, to erode the unwanted paint away. Go slowly and carefully and you can remove the red and not the white

2. assuming its an acrylic paint, before it cures use alcohol, eg meths on the cotton bud, then as 1

3. use 2000 grade wet & dry to sand off the red. used very wet and as 1

• 3 weeks later...