Another Airfix New Mould 1/72 Buccaneer....

Yet and other of the new mould Airfix 1/72 Buccaneer. Rather than depict the Ark option from the box, I re-arranged the decals to create the last 021 to serve on the Ark, XV361, with the late-style roundels. As has been mentioned endlessly, it's an OK kit, short on detail, especially in the cockpit, but far better than any previous 1/72 IM Buccaneer.  OOB aside from a pair of resin seats as I heartily dislike modern multi-piece ejection seats, especially when they aren't all that detailed! 

49953375746_8fd33190c7_b.jpgbucc01 by Paul Bradley, on Flickr

49952876088_1039d4a92e_b.jpgbucc02 by Paul Bradley, on Flickr

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 49

Cheers, guys! 

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Sharp! Really sharp.  The finish on your bird is quite nice.  I also like the Landy nearby...

That's an Oxford Miniatures model - they have some really nice vehicles that can be used on airfield dioramas. 

It captures the look of the Bucc very well, I like your idea to modify the markings, and the base plat you set it on, very evocative of Yoevilton!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Cheers, John. I made the base for an Airfix Vulcan about 20 years ago, based on a quick reaction stand.  It's simple foam posterboard with 'concrete' paint, the 'grass' areas are scenic flocking over dark earth paint. The Vulcan has long since gone to the breakers yard, but the base is still useful for these sorts of shots. 

• 5 months later...