My first RFI...Airfix 1/48 Sea Fury

Be gentle with me it's my first time....

Here for your viewing pleasure is my Airfix Sea Fury!! I've always loved Sea Furies so when Airfix brought this kit out, I had to have it.  It's kind of languished for a little while, while life got in the way!  

My Sea Fury is finished OOB with the addition of the Barracuda cowling correction.  Painted with a mix of Humbrol for the sky, and Vallejo for pretty much everything else!!

49953455212_5bddb92b44_c.jpg20200530_204105 by Chris Bryant, on Flickr

49953166561_0db474f674_c.jpg20200530_204027 by Chris Bryant, on Flickr

49953166146_93669c6184_c.jpg20200530_204007 by Chris Bryant, on Flickr

Any and all feedback appreciated!!

Edited by Chris Bryant
Helps if you can see the model....
  • Like 52
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

Not too keen on folded wings but very keen on Sea Furies, especially one as fine as this.

If I'm being honest, this was mainly a space saving choice on my part!  Really need to put some shelves up...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chris Bryant said:

If I'm being honest, this was mainly a space saving choice on my part!  Really need to put some shelves up...

A trick I used was to leave one folded and one normal,  space saving but also versatile.

7 hours ago, Beazer said:

A trick I used was to leave one folded and one normal,  space saving but also versatile.

I've seen that done before and it does look very nice! I've got a corsair calling to me at the moment, so I might use this tactic with that

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well done Chris, it took me over 1000 Britmodeller posts to help me find the courage to post up my first RFI and if my son hadn’t convinced me too, I probably still wouldn’t have done it! Your Sea Fury looks great and I hope all the encouragement on here helps you get your second one up in quick order. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 2

Nice job! I too like the folded wings....  

Hopefully you'll be encouraged to post more of both work in progress and the finished item. 

Keith 😁

Congrats on your first build posting.  It is an impressive one.  The only complaint I have is there are not enough photos.  Next time, please pose and take more pictures.  Looking forward to more of your builds.