Hasegawa F-4Ej /72 (Old Tool) with Target Dart

Hi Guys,

My recent project an old tool Hasegawa F-4EJ, the kit had lots of problem from fit to gaps and need some dedication, the biggest problem was aligning the air intake, and I can't sand much either as the details have already worn out a little sanding the details would go away. I added some cockpit details with some resin seat and borrowed part from elsewhere, I used some plastic card to fill the gap and sanded it, it is not perfect but I am okay with it, the greatest attraction of the kit was price. For marking I choose 37-8321 Mitshubishi F-4EJ of 304 Hikotai, carrying the RMU-10A reel pod with the TDU-10B target tug. Marking in high visibility orange. The squadron marking was almost gone so I masked and painted it.  Also, I got a nice F-4EJ reference book and helped me out a lot.
So here it is, thank you for looking, cheers
DSC-7327.jpg

DSC-7328.jpg

DSC-7329.jpg

DSC-7331.jpg

DSC-7333.jpg

• Like 23

• tomthounaojam changed the title to Hasegawa F-4Ej /72 (Old Tool) with Target Dart

Very nice model Tom ! Beautiful sheme rarely seen on 72nd scale. Great to see that.

You are talking a book on F-4Ej could you please tell more ? Thanks.

Ivan

3 hours ago, Fanakit said:

Very nice model Tom ! Beautiful sheme rarely seen on 72nd scale. Great to see that.

You are talking a book on F-4Ej could you please tell more ? Thanks.

Ivan

Defenders of Nippon: F-4Phantom II

Published by Kaburaya Books in 2002

There is no ISBN number I am afraid.

The book is a series of colour profiles which according to the authors have all been checked against photographic evidence with no guess work.

I believe the authors, Peter Fearis, Peter Scott and Glenn Sands are, or were, members of the IPMS (UK) Japanese aircraft Special Interest Group.