Temporary Closure

IFA, is closed down for the rest of the year. This is due to the current situation and severe financial restraints and limited trading. As I transcend two national borders, one resident and the other legal registration, I am required by law to file a closure notice. 

Alan

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I think a lot more will regret not doing the same. Just lost 100 jobs as a local company kept on as if everything was normal until they hit a financial brick wall.

Enjoy the weather, recharge and stay safe.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

You mean no 1/18 scale Vulcan this year? 😢 Aw shucks!

Stay safe Alan, we'll see you on the other side of this shambles. :thumbsup:

It seems the Vulcan is very much an icon. I do intend coming through this affair in a better shape, I have had to lose everything to stay afloat, that's pretty much 50 years of my life, memories are lost forever but that's the price I have had to pay. We'll see each other in 2021, take care. 

Alan

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Sorry to hear of the hardship everyone seems to be going through.  The current situation is devastating to business as well as personal lives.  And I am not sure we are actually any safer than when this all began. I am from the Minneapolis area and there has been looting and then burning down of so many businesses - and we are under a curfew (but it seems to be getting better so here's hoping).  And so many businesses were looking to open up June 1st and then this comes along like a pipe wrench upside the head.  I am sure we will all (or at least most of us) will get through this but in the mean-time it just sucks!

• Like 2

Hi Alan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're stopping work on your current projects. Was it a generic message or have you really destroyed the masters? 

Cheers,

WV908 

Edited by WV908

3 hours ago, WV908 said:

Hi Alan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're stopping work on your current projects. Was it a generic message or have you really destroyed the masters? 

Cheers,

WV908 

Hello WV908,

Yes, its a genuine message, things are that bad, I have lost everything and of course I also get a lot of people who try to discredit me, for all sorts of reasons, my work gets a lot of bad press, so I also have this to deal with as well. I will look hard to decide whether its worth coming back next year. Also BLP have similar projects, so there is only limited room. 

Alan

• Sad 2

Hello Alan,

very sorry to hear that all your current projects are on hold or canceled.

I think people forget that it takes a lot of work to achieve anything in any area at all.

On the other hand, you cannot make everyone 100% happy.

I know for sure that I also include that there are enough people who appreciate your work and also realize that for work and energy there are certain projects.

I hope that after a period of rest you will pick up some things where you also get satisfaction.

Stay healthy for the coming period and I hope we can meet again at another time.

Regards

Joop

• Thanks 2

Sorry to hear this Alan.

I love my Vulcan and look forward to the future when I may be able to put some other IFA models into my collection.

Stay well and safe and hopefully see you come out the other side.

Regards,

Neill.

Edited by BD757
  • Thanks 1

hmm sorry to hear/ read that!

seems there is more to it than just Corona though :(

was Islandinc Fine Arts you bread and butter job?

all the best, and do not stop thinking and acting positively!

my Vulcan model definitely is a work of positive energy, love and dedication!! hope to build it soon!

do not be harsh to haters, they simply do not know any better... as sad as it is....

all the best, 

Werner/ Austria

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We dont know each other, but i am so sorry this has happened to the degree it has, the virus situation has cost so many people so much; i for one am affected due to mental health reasons, I thought i could get through it all by building models but my illness put paid to that, i have to rest often.

Do take care of yourself, and stay safe; hopefully we will see you again next year, so sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

do not be harsh to haters, they simply do not know any better... as sad as it is....

I like this!

its like, "forgive them, for they know not what they do", a nice way to put it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alan,

You will not remember me - we met briefly at SMW'19 and one of my club colleagues bought a kit from you (Blackburn Buccaneer IIRC). Yes, the kit will take a lot of work to produce something that is akin to a standard Tamiya 'shake n'bake' but the basics were very much there and accurate too, which is more than can be said for a lot of the 'mainstream' stuff on the market. I get very irritated with those individuals who have little idea what goes into producing these limited edition/run kits but having dabbled in the business myself (mainly with decals) I know very well how much time, dedication and hard work goes into realising these projects. I am very sorry to hear that you have been subjected to some abuse (for that is what it is - what I have seen is NOT constructive criticism which would be far more beneficial to everyone but abuse - pure and simple).

I do hope you eventually regain your mojo and start planning on those projects that are both interesting and innovative to many of us. In the meantime, Stay Healthy and Safe during these difficult times for many.     

• Thanks 1

Hi, Alan. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I hope that you can get yourself back on a much more even keel and get into a better place generally.

I'm convinced that our hobby is a place where many "I'm-only-happy-when-I'm-moaning-about-something" individuals hang out.

As a wise man once (probably) said: "Those who can, do and those who can't, complain about it". Try not to take it to heart, mate (easy for me to say, but not nearly as easy to do.... I appreciate that).

I hope to see you next year at the 2021 Elstree Show (VERY provisionally in June next year, subject to confirmation).  

Chris. 

Hello All, 

It seems like a long time I have been away, if only a few months but as the saying goes a lot can happen in a short time and despite all the bad stuff that has happened, the human spirit always shines through. On a bright note, I have joined/connected with 2 American aerospace engineers, one a NASA engineer and the other a senior designer, both are excellent people to work with and whilst the vast expanse of ocean separates us, distance does not temper our enthusiasm. The American connection brings a vast library of technical knowledge and know how and altogether will bring some advanced projects to your modelling desk. Over the next several months, we will develop and bring some new projects out. Whilst I have not yet re-opened, developments are under way to get the ship moving. 

I have had to make a lot of cuts to projects that were going nowhere, so the Spey Phantom is 70% complete and still needs a lot of work done and measures are in place for that; the Jaguar GR.1/3 is only 40% complete and also requires much work to turn it into a working aircraft model; the Sea Harrier is on hold until I figure out the geometry as I have discovered at 1/32 scale the first generation/production Harriers have a varying geometric surface and once I work out how to get all the contours in place, I will restart. The 1/32 DH Vampire T.11 is 50% complete and is under development as with the 32nd Westland Sea King. So there you have it and you, the small hardcore modellers is what keeps me going. 

Alan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

And the 1/48th H.P. Victor to put alongside your beautiful Avro Vulcan ? I confess having no interest at all in 1/32nd kits whatever the subject.

The jigsaw desk model Victor from Lost British Projects, no thanks .

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

And the 1/48th H.P. Victor to put alongside your beautiful Avro Vulcan ? I confess having no interest at all in 1/32nd kits whatever the subject.

The jigsaw desk model Victor from Lost British Projects, no thanks .

V.P.

Collaboration with the Americans means I can delegate some design aspects to them, so should ease the division of labour; in an ideal world, with plenty of time and no distractions, I would have no trouble in completing the task, however, the Victor is one of my all time favourite aircraft, up there with the Avro Vulcan, so it will eventually see the light of day, taking into account that it is a complex design and whilst all the design calculations have been done, it would take about 14 months to complete. There would be enough modellers out there who would want one and I am confident that I can exceed the standards of the Avro Vulcan, the HP Victor after all, dwarfs the Vulcan!

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Alan,

Very good to hear from you. I am very glad that you have found the inspiration to move fearther. And for the hobby it is beautiful that you have joined with the American Connection.

You mentioned a few project. I have missed the Airbus A330 MRTT project. I hope you donnot deleated this project.

If you need some information, photo's for this project i will help you as far as i can.

Joop

Hello All,

It seems that bad news all round is the norm these days, especially in my case. I have just learned that the Americans are no longer on board with working together with me and after much talks and sharing of technical information, its back to square one, where I will be working by myself. They learned a lot from me and my ideas and decided they could do better, such is life. I will plod on as usual and gain encouragement and hope from my followers and supporters. Stay tuned, I am not finished yet.

Alan