1/8 Heller BMW R100 RS

This is a commission build for a customer who has the full size bike that I have been doing some restoration work on. He bought this kit from another BMW owner, it’s a very nice looking kit, but no pinstripe decals are provided, so I will have to paint them on. Overall this is the same model kit as my previous build of the RT model, the only real difference is the more sporty nosecone fairing and sports seat, however the client has a standard passenger seat that is also in the kit, so it will not be as the box art. Shame really, as I like the look of the sport seat unit. I will show more build photos soon guys.

jnce7vT.jpg
uvWMo0z.jpg

• Like 2

Watching! 
I think I’ve got a Tamiya 1/6 of this in my loft stash, good looking model.

i agree about the sports seat, looks way better.

edit;

I just found it and it’s an R90S not an R100, my bad 🙄

Edited by Adrian Worman

Thanks Adrian, the Revell one is a H1 500 (Mach III), and is toy-like in comparison to the Heller Mach IV, which is pretty decent. I should have got one when they came out in '73!!  Yes, strong money on e.bay, and a few out there that will never get built!

12 hours ago, Adrian Worman said:

Watching! 
I think I’ve got a Tamiya 1/6 of this in my loft stash, good looking model.

i agree about the sports seat, looks way better.

edit;

I just found it and it’s an R90S not an R100, my bad 🙄

I built the 90s about 2yrs back,sprayed it in Daytona orange and silver,it's on the forum somewhere.

11 hours ago, RODH2 said:

Always looking for a Heller Kawasaki 750 H2 from the early '70's.........  ( Owning a real one!)   From the same period as this BMW!

Your gonna hate me,but i bought one from a guy in Japan a few years back,superb kit,i built it and it's on the forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Your gonna hate me,but i bought one from a guy in Japan a few years back,superb kit,i built it and it's on the forum.

Cheers Lee, are you able to link me to that or give me an idea how to find it.....lot of Kawasaki Hiens out there!!  😄

16 hours ago, RODH2 said:

Cheers Lee, are you able to link me to that or give me an idea how to find it.....lot of Kawasaki Hiens out there!!  😄

My work in progress is on page 17,titled 1/8 Nagano Kawasaki H2,i think it's a Heller reboxing,and my 1/6 Tamiya r90s is on page 18.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Links of both builds below.

Edited by Lee Chambers

Hi guys, well they say the "early bird catches the worm" and I have had some early starts this last few days and made good progress on this kit. The paintwork is all finished, lots of masking and free hand cutting with a no-11 scalpel blades to get all of the pin striping airbrushed on, thank goodness for my magnifying head ware! Hopefully I can get the bike detailed and all together over the next few weeks, bye for now.

mkd0fIJ.jpg
sj5mu8H.jpg
HGbN0D1.jpg
zpyQMdj.jpg

• Like 1

Lee, thanks for the link to your H2 Kawasaki build, looks great!! And a good description of the bike, refreshing after all the hype that surrounds these!  There is a real one for you to ride if you ever get to Australia!!   😀

• Thanks 1