Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Lance

To let my brain re adjust to normality after the Prince of Wales mast, I have masked the deck and sprayed the paint on my calmer project of the Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Lance.

spacer.png

not glued down yet

spacer.png

This is why I love Sovereign's Colourcoats, 3 different shades of grey in just over 1 hour.

Mick

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A little progress, Prince of Wales mast is fighting me so I did a little work on the Lance. Lots of touch up to do, but I will wait and have a session all in one go. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

A bit more progress on Flyhawks 1/700 HMS Lance. Spending more time finding parts that seem to disappear when tweezers get near them and picking cat hairs from parts. 🤯

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lots of touch up to do.

Mick

• Like 5

Very nice, good work getting those rails in place. My second least favourite job ( rigging top the list by a mile)

Geoff 

• Like 1

Work continues on Flyhawk's 1/700 HMS Lance, added a few guns and depth charges. Trying to make the brass rod masts, taken almost all day and still not done, struggling to line things up. If anyone knows a good way of lining up the brass parts for gluing it would be a great help to me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mick

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Mick, superb detail there. I'm tempted to try one of these ships. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, you should get some, they come with everything you need including PE and even brass rod for the masts and brass gun barrels. I buy from China and they only cost about 25 UK pounds. A magnifyer is a must as some of the parts are as small as the tips of my finest tweezers.

• Thanks 1

Superb work.  Another example of Flyhawk showing that they can get more detail into a 1/700 than most manufacturers put in 1/350.

On 04/06/2020 at 14:34, smyfe said:

Work continues at a steady pace, I tend to struggle with photo etch but am learning slowly. added some of the smaller rails.

I really wouldn't worry about your PE skills.  You've done a great job so far.

• Like 1

The Lance joins the ever growing queue awaiting rigging and weathering. Masts were made from brass rod and took nearly 3 days to build 🤯. I must say I really enjoy these little kits and they are helping me learn techniques and various things I never thought i was capable of.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mick

• Like 8