Sd.Kfz.7

Yes,

Nice! Imho had more tension to the tracks

But not easily done. Since tension wheel is fixed. This is a poor matter to many kits.

Does anybody have a proper idea?

Happy modelling

First attempt: remove one link from the whole set of tracks.

Second attempt: enlarge the diameter of front and rear wheel and move both to opposite direction till the tension desired.

Third attempt: a combination of first and second! 😏

Hope this help you.

Ciao filippo

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

My thought:

Axle of tension wheel to glue at the end of assembly.

Other question: 

Between too tight and too sloppy: How to guess what is correct?

Any idea?

Happy modelling

Hi Dov,

Nice job on the half-track. As someone said, we don't see many of them, certainly not enough anyway!

I would like to know if the tracks came with the kit? If they did, and you used the prescribed number of links ,then that's disappointing of Trumpeter.

I suspect they are after-market tracks though.

Whatever,  you've got slack along the return run (laying on top of the wheels) slack at the idler wheels and the drive sprockets.  I suspect the removal of just one link will sort your problem out, if not remove two. I'm not familiar with the tracks you used, but if they are pinned together it's an easy fix just to pull a pin out and remove a link. If they aren't pinned, some careful work will be needed to remove a link neatly and re-glue the tracks together. Pins, or glue, remove a link from the bottom run. Should the removal and new join look a bit messy you can always hide it in mud, long grass or behind some feature (assuming you are going to put it on a base/diorama.

Rearguards,

Badder

PS. An afterthought. I don't know if you've glued all your links together and have glued them to the idler and sprockets. If you have, that would be a much more difficult thing to sort out. If you have glued them to the wheels, I'm sure one of us will be able to suggest something.

Edited by Badder

• 1 month later...

Hallo

The tracks are from the kit.

Usually the number of links is ok, + 1, or -1. Depends on the kit.

My mistake I did: I glued the idler axis in position, and I did not do it at the very end.

Usually I do it that way. My experience with tracks is less than one year. I am an a/c modeller.

Anyway I am glad to pushed sometimes to wake up or to get more firm in this field.

Thank you.

Happy modelling