Hello everyone.... Well #3 for the Spitfire single type group build is done. I’d like to present my 1/72 Eduard Mk.VIII Spitfire in the markings of W/C Bobby Gibbes A58-497. This plane sadly crashed while on a test hop after engine maintenance from Sattler strip. At the time was where 457 Sq. was stationed. The engine failed at approximately 100’ ft and gibbes circled and crashed, It burned out and sadly never saw combat. At some point shortly before that Gibbes test flew it with clipped tips to see if the performance was changed. The modification was short lived as upper echelon frowned upon the mod. At which time regular tips were added back. My build represents the plane during the clipped wing test phase. 
52tW2jd.jpg

UAovhog.jpg

EElrJvP.jpg

7FEo1z1.jpg

0h5tOoE.jpg

oEg6yQH.jpg

iRMyTeX.jpg

TN6sVKW.jpg

shSuzN7.jpg

i3580gn.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 20

"A-58-497" is incorrect, always written as A58-497. No dash between the A and the type number, in this case 58, and the aircraft number (497).

DennisTheBear

• Thanks 1

"A-58-497" is incorrect, always written as A58-497. No dash between the A and the type number, in this case 58, and the aircraft number (497).

DennisTheBear

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DennisTheBear said:

DennisTheBear

Its a duplicate post thats why the confused emoji.