Acrylic rattle can for RLM 04?

Vlad

I'm looking for an off-the-shelf solution to getting good even coverage in yellow (as a brush painter I wave my white flag and admit defeat on this colour specifically). An RLM 04 match would be ideal since I mainly build Luftwaffe subjects, but approximate will do. Any recommendations? Tamiya sprays? Humbrol sprays? Halfords car paint?

Tamiya TS16 yellow might be an option, but possibly not quite dark enough for RLM04.  I suppose you could always shade it once it's on.  Vehicle paints would probably give you some more options..

• Thanks 1

I had a quick look at Tamiya's range but didn't know which to pick because they all look different in pictures.

Perhaps TS-16 would not be too light if sprayed onto a grey primer? What about TS-34 "Camel yellow", a bit too dark/orange-ish?

• Like 1

Hadn't seen that - it looks like it might be a better option.  Someone with more knowledge than me would have to confirm, but I'm sure I read somewhere that RLM04 formula got a bit darker as the years went on..

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm sure that I've seen a couple of builds from Hyperscale's Brett Green where he used Camel Yellow for RLM04.

Indeed, a quick google search turned up a snippet from one of his books where he mentions using it, along with white primer to improve the coverage of the yellow. That's settled then. Now just to work out where to buy Tamiya sprays.

Edited by Vlad