Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 959

Hi there, so I've had this kit in the stash for quite a while and finally decided to build it. I think that the box art makes the car look bland so I decided to go for zero paints Porsche Acid Green. The kit provides the rear spoiler as a separate part which is usually painted body colour, however I painted this one semi gloss black along with the wheels and body trim. The kit itself is well designed and fits together nicely even though it's an older kit. 

Thanks for looking 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks again for viewing back soon 🙂

• Like 13

THE supercar of my youth besides the mighty F40 and XJ220. I always loved that nicely blended spoiler. You did a very modern colour combination for a car of that era. Not a bad decision I think. It takes the car to recent times.

Nice Shine, btw.

2 minutes ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

THE supercar of my youth besides the mighty F40 and XJ220. I always loved that nicely blended spoiler. You did a very modern colour combination for a car of that era. Not a bad decision I think. It takes the car to recent times.

Nice Shine, btw.

Thank you, if I hadn't changed things up a little I doubt I would have ever built the kit, not one for the purists I suppose but then I never intended it to be 🙂

Cracking job again Andy - and that spoiler has definitely grown on me, especially with the matching wheels! And I do love that colour, one of my Porsches is definitely going to be Acid Green!

Nice one...!! :thumbsup:

Keith

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Cracking job again Andy - and that spoiler has definitely grown on me, especially with the matching wheels! And I do love that colour, one of my Porsches is definitely going to be Acid Green!

Nice one...!! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith I agree about the Acid Green mate I'm pretty sure I will be using this colour again in the future 🙂

Really nice Andy. I like the black trim. Aren't you running out of space yet, with al these completed models? 😉 

18 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Really nice Andy. I like the black trim. Aren't you running out of space yet, with al these completed models? 😉 

Funnily enough things are starting to get a little cramped 🙂spacer.png

Gonna need a bigger boat 🦈 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

That'll teach you, finishing kits like you do... tsk...

That doesn't include the 4 boxes of armour models I've got and the other 3 boxes of aircraft kits I have completed 😃

• Haha 3

That wouldn't be my first choice of colour but the finish looks great and when you see it on the shelf with the other Porsche models it really stands out.

I nearly bought this kit back when it was current, but probably wouldn't have done it justice.  As I recall I messed up a Tamiya Ferrari Testarossa instead.

29 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That wouldn't be my first choice of colour but the finish looks great and when you see it on the shelf with the other Porsche models it really stands out.

I nearly bought this kit back when it was current, but probably wouldn't have done it justice.  As I recall I messed up a Tamiya Ferrari Testarossa instead.

Thanks John, I wasn't sure about the colour until I started to spray it but I wanted something different from the norm and I'm happy with how it turned out 🙂

• Like 1

It's not a colour I would have thought of, but it works really well. If I'm honest, I think it works better than the grey I used on mine which is probably the colour I'm least happy with on any of my models.

Anyway, back to yours which looks as though it's very well built. It also looks as though you've done a much better job than me on the engine - mine didn't quite fit under and I had to glue the cover in place to stop it sitting about half a millimetre proud of the body, Yours is definitely a looker (nice window rubbers by the way :wink:)

15 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Anyway, back to yours which looks as though it's very well built. It also looks as though you've done a much better job than me on the engine - mine didn't quite fit under and I had to glue the cover in place to stop it sitting about half a millimetre proud of the body, Yours is definitely a looker (nice window rubbers by the way :wink:)

Thanks Spiny, I did have a slight problem fitting the interior tub over the gearbox but a blast with the dremel sorted that out. And as for the window rubbers it's actually easier to paint them after the clear coat as any rogue paint simply wipes away 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

Cool car, beautiful paintwork, and great colour scheme!

Thanks I'm glad you like it 🙂