Tamiya 1/32 North American F-51D Mustang (Korean War)

This has been a fun build, LOTS of detail and everything went together as you would expect from Tamiya.

I used Tamiya AS12 Bare Metal Silver spray paint for the overall colour, as per instructions. An expensive way to paint a kit, it took a whole can, but it covered well (no primer) and gave a good finish. Nice to not have to gloss prior to applying decals, as this silver colour is semi gloss. There were three variants of this aircraft in the box, but I've got British, American, French and German aircraft, so I went for the Korean variant. I think it looks ok, and I think I'm getting better.

I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures.

Jon

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Faraway
  • Like 11

Very nice build. The paint finish looks very good. And those gun bays are awesome. I can't paint and detail anywhere near that small. An overall splendid build. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very nice build. The paint finish looks very good. And those gun bays are awesome. I can't paint and detail anywhere near that small. An overall splendid build. 

You’re very kind. I have just realised that I’ve not shown the ammo belts, I’ll post another photo tomorrow. Actually, the detail is not, I think, very good. If you zoom in is not so good. But, as with a lot of fine detail, it’s what the eye sees, not what the lenses sees.

Jon

51 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

That's a real nice 'Stang Faraway. Sure beats the heck out of either the Revell or  Monogram's version from long ago.

Thanks. Been nice to have you along.

Jon

She's a real beauty, looks really good. Are you planning on a wash or any weathering?

• Thanks 1

You might want to correct the title of this thread. It is an F-51D, not an F15D.

Very nice Mustang in one of my favourite historic schemes.

DennisTheBear

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F-32 said:

She's a real beauty, looks really good. Are you planning on a wash or any weathering?

Not sure yet, it might very well improve it though.

Jon

1 hour ago, DennisTheBear said:

You might want to correct the title of this thread. It is an F-51D, not an F15D.

Very nice Mustang in one of my favourite historic schemes.

DennisTheBear

Glad you like it. Correction duly noted and performed.

Please accept my humble apologies. 
Jon

Edited by Faraway