1/700 Flyhawk HMS Penelope Deluxe

6 minutes ago, Gisbod said:

Thanks Jeff & Francis,

Yep, although I prefer the clean lines of a light grey, I’m not against camo, just my own limitations I guess. I have the Scharnhorst kit (1943) which has a camo scheme and I’m tempted to have a bash at it for the challenge, but I think the only way would be to brush paint parts and I can’t see that turning out well... 

I’m kind of leaning towards a pre war look for this build. Hence the Seafox in pre war colours. I’ve seen pictures of one on her. Re her size  -The Walrus would look quite big on her, although I haven’t seen any pictures depicting one on board.

Here’s my best effort with the Seafox. I don’t think I’m ever going to be able to finish an aircraft in this scale that will look how I want it to in macro. To be fair even Dai Sasara’s aren’t flawless! But, I’m learning on each one. 

I’ve gone for the simpler, but more clunky look of using some of the PE for rigging, over scale, but it does look ok to the naked eye (honest!)

Guy

2-D288-FE0-DC4-D-4-BEA-9868-E6-C00-ADD9-

D0487-DF2-0984-48-C6-B796-D1580-D1-A38-F

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Guy,

i think it is perfect, else the rigging would be nearly invisible.

The the camera lens surpasses our eyes! That is the real challenge in 1/700 scale.

Regards 

Andreas

Hello Guy,

the Seafox looks perfect. The other rigging would be nearly invisible. 

The lens of the camera surpasses human eyes! 

If details are only visible in macro, in reality, however, they are real 1/700 models, otherwise Photoshop could be used .

You are very close to this border area!

Thanks

Andreas

Edited by Andreas.R
wrong translation
  • Like 1

That seafox looks great, i really like the peace time colour scheme.

It might also amuse you to know, you have knocked out an entire ship in less time than it has taken parcel force to get my paints for HMS PoW to me.

I think you can get a Ready For Imspection up before they arrive, fancy opening a book?

• Like 1

Thanks Andreas,

I know, it’s just me getting hung up on it!

35 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

That seafox looks great, i really like the peace time colour scheme.

It might also amuse you to know, you have knocked out an entire ship in less time than it has taken parcel force to get my paints for HMS PoW to me.

I think you can get a Ready For Imspection up before they arrive, fancy opening a book?

Books closed! 😬

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gisbod said:

but it does look ok to the naked eye (honest!)

Gidday Guy(s), that's what the majority of viewers who see the model in the flesh (so to speak) will be using, the mark 1 eyeball, plus spectacles in some cases. That Seafox is terrific. 👍

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2