Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I

Evening all,

Just finished off my latest build, Airfix's early ragwing Hurricane. I've hastily thrown this together as my original intention for build 13 hasn't gone to plan and has been shelved for the time being. Built completely OOB and finished as usual with Hataka Orange Line and Alclad, with W&N Galeria Matt to finish.

49942927412_0b3bd3a959_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49942631476_2939f742f5_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49942116663_3366bcc483_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49942631436_0de0a3c955_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49942631421_5909d40fcd_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane I by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Comments welcomed as always,

Shaun

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I should start “throwing my kits together” like you do Shaun because I absolutely love the way your`s has turned out.  A great addition to any Hurricane collection!!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike  

• Like 1

Beautiful, clean build, lovely! Shows off the lines of the kit well and makes me want to build the one that's lurking in my pile. This could be used as box art on the kit (if Airfix were still into that sort of thing). Its a shame there are no wingtip lights in the kit, but painting them on is a bit dubious I suppose, especially when the rest of the build is so clean and honest. 

• Like 1

Looks really good, I'm building one at the moment that is fighting me, the cockpit seems a little over engineered for some reason and the fit's not great either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Looks really good, I'm building one at the moment that is fighting me, the cockpit seems a little over engineered for some reason and the fit's not great either

It's a bit fiddly, but fits well. Only the wing trailing edges need good attention.