Hasegawa 1:48 scale A-7 Corsair2 help needed

Hi everyone,

First posting here so be gentle.🤪

Multiple questions i'm afraid and i hope you can help me...

I purchased a HobbyBoss 1:48 scale A-7 Corsair2 kit first before doing homework and i want to give it to my son to make, getting a better more accurate kit. Can you advise a better kit of the same aircraft for me to make please?

Secondly, i want to do the model justice with after market detail packs, etches, masks etc, but cannot seem to negotiate the plethora of these bits and kits that are available.

Can you please help?

Ideally i want to purchase all that i can to allow me to make a fully detailed and authentic greek A-7 in either camo, or if i can get the decals the 'Olympos' special.

All help gratefully recieved.

All the best

David

you talk from Hobbyboss in your text, but in your headline state Hasegawa, well Hasegawa is still better than the HobbyBoss one, even Hasegawa is older, but the air intake of the Hobbyboss one is totally wrong

Question is always what you want to detail , what you want to achieve and invest in terms of resources and time!

Aires and Eduard Resin and PE lines have you civered pretty well for cockpit, nozzle, gear bay etc. There once was a nice seamless intske awailable as well...

Hannants is slso s good place to search for sets by the way...

Or just build the Hobbyboss one for training ;)

Hi all, 

Thanks for your help.

So it seems a Hasegawa kit will be winging (excuse the pun) here very soon.

Along with resin intake, nozzle, cockpit, gear and undercart bays, , etched parts, and glazing masks.

Just need to find 'olympos' decals now as they seem to be out of stock with everyone, as i really wanted to do this special bird and i have some great photographs of it at RIAT a few years back with all the bays open, which was handy. 😁

If i cannot find them, then my plans mean i shall do the green , tan standard weathered camouflage.

All the best

David

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what's your modelling experience?  The Hasegawa A-7 although being the best is a somewhat tricky build especially if you're going to be throwing the aftermarket items at it as well. 

As for decals, Hasegawa did the "Olympos" scheme for one of their boxes or you can get the Icarus Productions ones here

https://www.analosis.gr/product/icarus-productions-48016-1-48-vought-a-7e-corsair-olympos/

Edited by scotthldr
  • Like 1

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the  message.

My experience in model aircraft kit making has been limited for the last 25-30 years to be honest as i went 'another way' with building models (not aircraft) for clients as a small business. I know i will be rusty, but hope muscle memory, the mk1 eyeball and 'other' experience will help.

Part of my 'other way' was air brushing, and i was self taught. However i picked up some fantastic tips from Flory etc about weathering and how to do the subtle stuff, and tried it myself with limited at first, but growing success. If i get to 75% of some of the finished models on here, i will be a happy old hector.

The A-7 will be part of a diorama which will be based on a photograph i took a good few years back, and its crucial to me personally that i try to reconnect myself with aircraft modelling, as they are my first real joy and a youngling.

Not sure this ramble helps explain my situation, but i hope it does.

All the best

David

• Like 1