Revell (Monogram) F-101B 1/48

Last built this kit about 30 years ago.  A year or so back, I had a crack at the KH recon version & that kit is a REAL dog so thought I'd give this a go to restore my faith.  Not disappointed - it really is a very nice kit with beautifully detailed cockpits, u/c bays, flap & airbrakes.  Raised panel lines of course but none the worse for that, just needs a bit of extra care during assembly in order reduce any sanding/filling to a minumum.  The only issue I had was in trying to work out how the internal screen that separates the two cockpits along with the canopy jack are positioned & arranged.  Some images from helpful BMers were provided in response to my pleas but I'm not entirely convinced I have them right.  I lost the clear cover to the port-side lamp below the cockpits so knocked up a replacement from clear sheet.  However I am ABSOLUTELY STEAMING THAT I LOST THE STARBOARD STABILISOR!!  I had it painted & all ready to attach & it simply disappeared.  I have applied to Revell for a replacement but it seems the kit is OOP & spares are no longer available 😭😭.  Anyway, still pleased with how it turned out!

100342179_547949062581088_6307514010841382912_n

100588880_281761582994227_3326776479437553664_n

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 24

Really nice Voodoo. Nice to know it builds well. I like the clean build as Air Defense Command interceptors appear to have been well kept for the most part.

Beautiful work!

Don't worry about the missing stabilizer. It will show up as soon as you get a replacement. Please don't ask how I know this!

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2020 at 5:00 PM, Kushan_Farsight said:

Really nice build! In regards to the lost stab - perhaps you could take your other one off and use as a master to cast a mirror opposite? airfoil looks vaguely symmetrical at this scale! 

Actually, I've just scored the RF version off ebay so I may nick the stab out of that for this model & think about swapping them over as & when I get around to the RF!  That is unless someone has a spare part they're not using!

• Like 1