Williams Brothers question.

bigbadbadge

Apologies if in the wrong area but both kits I have are interwar types.  

Please can anyone advise if the company is still going.  I have a couple of their kits and one has very cracked decals (Seversky P35) and the other is missing decals (Gee Bee Z Super Sportster).  I am wondering if they are still going and can sell replacement decal sheets? But couldn't find a direct contact.

Thanks in advance

Chris

52 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Apologies if in the wrong area but both kits I have are interwar types.  

Please can anyone advise if the company is still going.  I have a couple of their kits and one has very cracked decals (Seversky P35) and the other is missing decals (Gee Bee Z Super Sportster).  I am wondering if they are still going and can sell replacement decal sheets? But couldn't find a direct contact.

Thanks in advance

Chris

As far as I'm aware , Williams Brothers still exist , though under different ownership .  It's also my understanding that S&M Models are the UK distributors , so it may be worth asking Mel Bromley at S&M if he can help you out . 

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

• Thanks 1

Good news, I have located the Gee Bee Z decals.  They had slipped out of one of the flap ends of the box and were under the wardrobe, so phew. 

The P35 decals I have been able to replace with a set from Hannants.  

Thanks for your assistance all.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, bigbadbadge said:

Good news, I have located the Gee Bee Z decals.  They had slipped out of one of the flap ends of the box and were under the wardrobe, so phew. 

The P35 decals I have been able to replace with a set from Hannants.  

Thanks for your assistance all.

All the best

Chris

Have you applied them already without problem? I have always some problems with WB decals...

Regards

J-W

49 minutes ago, JWM said:

Have you applied them already without problem? I have always some problems with WB decals...

Regards

J-W

Hi Jerzy 

No not yet, they look good but I have yet to start the kit yet.  The Seversky P35 decals look very cracked and so I purchased a set of yellow wings decals from Hannants which look very nice. I have started the P35 but only to the point of cleaning up the engine parts which look good and rescribed the port outer wing

Have you got any left to build ?

All the best

Chris

I avoided using decals in fact (only instrument panels in cockpits) - the Northrop Gamma I made as 2D from Spanish Civil War, the Boeing 247 I did as RAF machine, the Martin B 10 as NEI bomber (+40 years ago!) and recently Douglas Cruiser I converted DT2 in Norwegian colours).

Here they are

The numbers from Douglas decals I tried to use for some other machine , but they do not leave the supporting paper even after a day in water (!), the others (for instrument panels) needed extra cover of varnish not to decay in water...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Great models Jerzy they look fantastic.  I particularly like the Boeing 247 and have been tempted myself to buy this kit.  

I see on the Facebook link that the company has been struggling unfortunately due to the Covid 19 situation which is unfortunate.  I do hope that they can make it through okay.  

All the best

Chris

• Thanks 1