Noorduyn Norseman Forest Service -modified Revell 1/72 kit

4 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Stunning.  Impatient for more!

😉

Have to wait for the clear coat, then general assembly, then rigging, adding missing parts (engine, cowl, wheels, door) and details (Pitot, antenna, steps, wire antenna, etc.) and then...

decaling, that may take a while due the Post Office Maelstrom 🍥 🌊 :badmood: that has been relentlessly delaying and/or swallowing my mail. 

Sigh...

• Like 1

The wings are given their landing lights, their navigation lights, the very small masts at the tip that will anchor the antenna wire, the flap scissors, and the pips that come from the fuel tanks. Once in place the Pitot will be added to the left wing.

Not in view: a clear coat has been airbrushed to the whole model, and the rudder nav light added:

IMG_0524+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Going vertical out of the black abyss, to soar wingless in the light. She looks just dandy.

Darn! that was what was missing! Thanks!

Now we shall wait for the decals, the addition of the last bits, and the Grand Finale after that:

IMG_0527+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Biggu said:

Man................ I LOVE your work.... what did you use for tail rigging? It looks spot on...

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

It's 6 mil ceramic fiber.

We have discussed it a few times in other threads. It comes from a vendor in the US (I have no ties of any kind to them), but you have to call them (US time) and sort out your info and payment.

1 (802) 885-3094

Comes as a coiled fiber of a few feet per package. It's not cheap and you have to add postage, but you better get several packages if you build rigged models.

It comes with instructions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks Jeff

It's 6 mil ceramic fiber.

We have discussed it a few times in other threads. It comes from a vendor in the US (I have no ties of any kind to them), but you have to call them (US time) and sort out your info and payment.

1 (802) 885-3094

Comes as a coiled fiber of a few feet per package. It's not cheap and you have to add postage, but you better get several packages if you build rigged models.

It comes with instructions.

Thanks for the info, I will have to consider this....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeepee! the other envelope with decals arrived!
The world post offices have proved Eisenstein theory of relativity!
The envelope send 75 days ago arrived almost at the same time as the one sent about two weeks ago!
Nobel price for the Post Offices!

IMG_0790+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

A future endeavor:

IMG_0791+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Now I will be able to complete several projects!

IMG_0792+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moa said:

several projects!

Might there be a Boeing 247 in your future?  Excited at that prospect, as I have one in my stash, and need some prodding to work on it.  

How are Arctic Decals to work with?  

Beautiful work on this Norseman.  Looks almost ready for showtime!

Edited by TheyJammedKenny!
accuracy, accuracy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Might there be a Boeing 247 in your future?  Excited at that prospect, as I have one in my stash, and need some prodding to work on it.  

How are Arctic Decals to work with?  

Beautiful work on this Norseman.  Looks almost ready for showtime!

Your wishes are... not my command, actually, but this one is granted to you nonetheless :star::

Now, Arctic decals: superb printing quality, full carrier (you have to cut each motif individually), depending on colors and such, different types, ALPS, Laser, etc., thin (you have to be careful) but will tolerate sensible handling.

They have a very nice range of decals. I have been acquiring and using them for years, and I am a very satisfied customer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1