1:48 Revell Monogram Bf110 G2

It’s been a while since I last posted anything new so here is one I recently completed while in ‘lock down’.

It’s the Revell/Monogram 1:48 Bf110/G2 the plastic dating from 1994.

I’ve had this kit hanging around for quite a while now but being 1:48 and having little display space left I have been putting it off.

Well, I thought I’d build it and find a home for it later. I’m glad I did as it was a very enjoyable build. The fit is excellent, the level of detail to me at least is good, surface detail is nicely engraved but does vary a bit - disappearing in some places under a single coat of paint.

(I know a lot is written about deep panel lines (Airfix come in for some criticism) but personally I prefer them a bit heavier. The new Airfix1:72 kits for instance have what is probably overscale panel lines but with a nice wash/shading do give a great looking result.

Probably not accurate but I think the visual effect is better.)

Anyway, upper surfaces and mottle effect is done with Gunze acrylics – excellent paint.

The undersides I tried to use a new pot of Humbrol 247 (RLM76) – Couldn’t get it to spray at all - constantly blocking the nozzle. So I mixed my own with a cocktail of Tamiya blues and greys. Not ideal but OK.

One strange feature of the finished kit is the amount of camber on the main wheels – it looks a bit too much to me but I’m sure its accurate.

All in all a recommended kit.

Enjoy the photos.

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 28

Very nice 110. I always hate wheels that have any camber on, trying to sand a flat so they sit right on the completed model is never find fun, even less so if the attachment isn't very positive. I'm still using Humbrol enamels because I have quite a few left, but they are so inconsistent, I got fed up of paying for what sometimes isn't of much use, so I don't buy them any more and use Colour Coats for my enamels.