Revell 1/48 Tornado IDS - Ejection Seat Help Sought

Nocoolname

Hi folks!

I was hoping a Tornado aficionado might be able to help me identify the seats included in the Revell 1/48 Tornado. The details don't appear to match the Martin Baker Mk.10's that I thought were the stock Tornado ejection seat. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Nocool!

22 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Hi folks!

I was hoping a Tornado aficionado might be able to help me identify the seats included in the Revell 1/48 Tornado. The details don't appear to match the Martin Baker Mk.10's that I thought were the stock Tornado ejection seat. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Nocool!

If the difference is in the headbox of the seat, these were changed in shape during the life of the RAF tornado.

Selwyn

3 hours ago, Selwyn said:

If the difference is in the headbox of the seat, these were changed in shape during the life of the RAF tornado.

Selwyn

No, it's the details along the lower sides of the seat. They just don't match the Mk. 10's. I can only guess the designers at Revell were using some artistic license? 

3 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

No, it's the details along the lower sides of the seat. They just don't match the Mk. 10's. I can only guess the designers at Revell were using some artistic license? 

Quite possibly!

Selwyn

There ste many qftermarket sests out there... you may have a look and see yourself if the are worth the expense for you!

If you display them seperately , the lower parts might be more relevant than within the pit... ;)

Check at least  Neomega Resin, Aires, Eduard versions!

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

There ste many qftermarket sests out there... you may have a look and see yourself if the are worth the expense for you!

If you display them seperately , the lower parts might be more relevant than within the pit... ;)

Check at least  Neomega Resin, Aires, Eduard versions!

Yes, my next build Tornado build (F.2) will be using the Aires cockpit and seats, modified to reflect what that aircraft had in the office. This build will be using the stock seats from the kit with some Eduard enhancements. The kit seats are actually quite nice and very detailed its just that the detail in key areas doesn't match the real seats. 

• Like 1