Space X dragon launch tomorrow!

Wednesday at 1630 eastern time. Finally we are gonna launch astronauts from the US again.Β 

Go Elon!Β 

Β 

Can't wait to see this live! πŸ˜ŽπŸš€Β πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Β 

Godspeed gentlemen.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Mike Esposito
  • Like 2

It's a first manned launch of a new spacecraft. They will be exercising extreme caution.

Β 

Liftoff is scheduled for 9.33 pm (UK time) tonight and, if it does go ahead, it should be visible passing over the UK about 20 minutes later..Β 

Edited by Eric Mc
  • Like 2

Looking at their record and what they're aiming to achieve it would be amazing if there wasn't an issue.

Β 

What SpaceX has already achieved is stunning, you could send anybody up in that capsule pretty confident that it'd get them to the ISS. Instead they're sending two astronauts who look as if they can handle anything. I think that is very smart thinking. The best bit is that most of the space vehicle is reuseable just like most early aircraft. If SSTO is possible I'm pretty sure it will be SpaceX who'll do it.

Β 

To Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley Godspeed and safe landings. To SpaceX I say Thank You for all you've achieved and the hope you've given millions.

• Like 1

Recovering the top stage of a Falcon is MUCH, MUCH more difficult than recovering the first stage. In fact, if the launch goes ahead, you will most likely see both the capsule and the top stage following close behind. Have your binoculars handy.

17 hours ago, SleeperService said:

That's my evening sorted then. 21:30 for Goode Olde Englande.

Β 

15 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Will be watching - but I'm expecting delays and/or a scrub.

Likewise, I remember stayingΒ at school on the last day of term to watch the first launch of the Space Shuttle ColumbiaΒ Challenger in April 1981.

Β 

For British viewers: ITV4 have inconveniently scheduled (another) rerun of Tom Hanks' film Apollo 13 at the same time as the Space X launch.

Edited by Richard E

Just now, Richard E said:

Β 

Likewise, I remember stayingΒ at school on the last day of term to watch the first launch of the Space Shuttle Challenger in April 1981.

Β 

For British viewers: ITV4 have inconveniently scheduled (another) rerun of Tom Hanks' film Apollo 13 at the same time as the Space X launch.

TV is useless for such events these days. There will be multiple streams available on line.

4 hours ago, Richard E said:

Likewise, I remember stayingΒ at school on the last day of term to watch the first launch of the Space Shuttle Challenger in April 1981.

That was Columbia. Challenger's first flight was STS-6 in 1983.

• Thanks 1

Live stream on YouTube.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Saw the ISS pass overhead last night very clearly. Will try and see both again tonight, lovely clear weather at the moment.

Β 

Godspeed gentlemen.

Β 

From an aesthetic view, the capsule looks pretty cool. Compare to Soyuz, which is an amazing piece of engineering, it looks like a quantum leap forward, let's hope it proves as reliable as Soyuz has been (or better).