Luftwaffe Reference Books?

Meliodas2019

Hi All,

I wonder if people can help and advise me on some good reference book for WWII Luftwaffe aircraft, I want to get in to building models on that subject and have a few, but I am keen to understand the history and have good reference to try improve my basic modelling skill

thanks in advance

Stewart

Most of the more generic works are now quite elderly and a bit "suspicious" when it comes to details. so you are probably better asking about specific subjects.  If you want a good history of an individual type then the Classic series are almost always good, but expensive.

In terms of the flying kit used by the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain, I have Mark Hillier's excellent "The Luftwaffe Battle of Britain Fighter Pilot's Kit Bag" (and the RAF version) which is very good for identifying the correct colours, variations and locations of various items of personal kit.

thanks for the replies guys, as for specifics probably no surprise I want to do a few versions of the ME262 and also the Focke Wulf 190

however I have to fly kits for Arado AR 234 so would be keen to find a goot set of books on that aircraft too

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 6:02 PM, Meliodas2019 said:

I am keen to understand the history and have good reference to try improve my basic modelling skill

I've just had two small volumes published in the Casemate Illustrated series which taken together constitute a potted history of the fighter arm 

spacer.png

• Like 1