Bray Dunes Dunkirk

In May 1940 the BEF found itself with its back to the wall and the call went out for the ships to rescue them.

Various Naval vessels and over 600 'Little Ships' set out to rescue them from the harbour and beaches,

This is my tribute to those men and boats that didn't come back :poppy:

P1100864

P1100867

P1100874

P1100858 P1100853

P1100849

P1100846

P1100845

P1100880

P1100879

WIP

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064445-dunkirk-tribute-completed/

Thanks to everyone who has  supported and encouraged me along the way

Stay safe

Kev

Ps BBC 2 tonight 7pm little ships

• Like 69
  • Thanks 4

I do like the angle of the shadows looking from above   :photo:

We celebrated VE day not so long ago or tried to but how many of the younger generation will remember the Heroic deeds done by brave men on this day so long ago 

We will remember them ALL :poppy:

Stay Safe ALL

Beefy

• Like 2

Well done Kev, that is so realistic. I can remember as a kid seeing so many hulks just like this, laid up in the creek in Leigh-on-Sea. Nice one.

John.

• Thanks 1

Stunning Kev, simply stunning. I have followed your build all the way and the detailed scale work leaves me speechless, congratulations on a wonderful achievement and tremendous tribute to those who sadly never made it back. My Father was successfully evacuated from Bray Dunes after 4 days on the beach, he never talked about the experience and I guess we all know why. I think your timing for completion is exquisite, 80 years on we should never forget ……………..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Guys for your kind comments. It's has been an interesting voyage with Sastrugi & Thalassophiles coming out of the closet.

Home schooling on BM. Who would have thought it :whistle:

I must make a special mention of @Del Boy whose research on his Father was the inspiration behind this tribute.

I wish to beg the forgiveness of those trolls who wanted seagulls pooping all over my boat. In case you still haven't cottoned on.................

There will never, never be :poop:hawks in my dioramas.

Stay safe and avoid humans :penguin:

Kev  

:poppy:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Say's it all Kev beautifully done,with all the attention(quite rightly) on this current pandemic this  anniversary could easily be forgotten Monday was the

80th anniversary of my Uncles death on the way to Dunkirk 32 of the same company of 9DLI were killed with in single barrage, being a territorial unit 

nearly all from a small area of  the town of Gateshead.

• Thanks 1

I watched the WIP evolve, and now this .............. superb Kev, and it does indeed say it all.

My Dad was there at the time, and I only wish he were still with us now to appreciate tributes like this, to him and his past colleagues.

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Say's it all Kev beautifully done,with all the attention(quite rightly) on this current pandemic this  anniversary could easily be forgotten Monday was the

80th anniversary of my Uncles death on the way to Dunkirk 32 of the same company of 9DLI were killed with in single barrage, being a territorial unit 

nearly all from a small area of  the town of Gateshead.

• Like 1