Tu-22KD Modelsvit Red 55 1:72 New: Trumpeter pic

Hello mates,

here big new pics of my Blinder made with my newer camera 6500px.  Full resolution in flickr download for details. Cant find old thread...

New Edit:  As for the questions of mates  below i took a picture at Nuremberg, Trumpy is not convincing to me....

Cheers,

Tom

tu22 DSC_0676 tu22 DSC_0711

tu 22 DSC_6101

Edited by replicant
  • Like 39

I want to take your Tu-22 out for a few drinks, a nice meal somewhere, a few more drinks at a swanky bar and then see how then night goes...... 😜

What a stunner.  Can you take some more photos but on a darker background?  

Phil

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Beautiful!  I really like the navigator dangling from his ejection seat under the nose and would love to see a close-up of that detail.  That's one of the most interesting design features of the real aircraft to me.  I once asked a former Tu-22 navigator if the Blinder was a comfortable aircraft, and he emphatically said "no!"  Alex T.

• Thanks 1

That shiny metal finish is, dare I say it, blinding 😁

That's a really cracking build though, would love to see more pictures especially of what looks like a pilot about to go up in the seat?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Booty003 said:

I want to take your Tu-22 out for a few drinks, a nice meal somewhere, a few more drinks at a swanky bar and then see how then night goes...... 😜

What a stunner.  Can you take some more photos but on a darker background?  

Phil

Hello mates,

thank you all!

Booty: yes, she has about 90-60-90! Too sexy for her shirt! But i wouldnt give her away.......

Cheers,

Tom

• Haha 1

Very nice Tom especially with the natural metal / silver finish considering the amount if seams that needed attention during the build process.  I like it!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

8 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

That is fantastic.

Which kit is it?

Thank you Eric,

this is Modelsvit, quite pimped...

Very, very nice. It would be interesting to see how the Modelsvit kit shapes up against the more recent Trumpeter kit. I have both but, in reality, can only complete one so it would be good to know what the general consensus is between these two kits. I'm particularly interested in this aircraft since the Soviets used to operate them 'just down the road' (well 2+ hours drive) from where I live right now. It would be cool to get one of these done in due course.

Well Done, Sir ! 

16 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Very, very nice. It would be interesting to see how the Modelsvit kit shapes up against the more recent Trumpeter kit. I have both but, in reality, can only complete one so it would be good to know what the general consensus is between these two kits. I'm particularly interested in this aircraft since the Soviets used to operate them 'just down the road' (well 2+ hours drive) from where I live right now. It would be cool to get one of these done in due course.

Well Done, Sir ! 

Thank you mates, that you like it!

Tiger: I saw the built Trumpy kit at Nuremberg Toy Fair. It doesnt look good at all....