3 x 1/32 Scale Spitfires

Hi,

During lockdown, like most of us, I have made a few models, this gave me a change to hone my modelling skills and try my hand at modeling aircraft.

Not my normal genre of model making, usual make restoration dioramas, figures & rust vehicles.

I have put them all here, to save starting three individual threads.

So here they are my three 1/32 Spitfires.

Tamiya

img_3806.jpg

img_3807.jpg

img_3809.jpg

img_3805.jpg

Revell - "Aces High"

img_3748.jpg

img_3749.jpg

img_3753.jpg

img_3755.jpg

Revell MK. IXc clipped wing

img_3835.jpg

img_3834.jpg

img_3838.jpg

img_3836.jpg

Stay safe

Richard

• Like 43

Very nice indeed and thanks for showing.  

One teeny point - was the break out crowbar on WW2 aircraft not just the same colour as the interior and not red which is a post war warbird event?  Apologies for pedantry and I "think" I have that rights.  If I am a quick wipe over with a hairy stick and matching colour paint  would do the trick.

really nice work though and my favourite is the desert camo one.

• Like 1

Great looking Spitfires, and they will look even greater with bronze green or natural steel crowbars (unless they're modern day warbirds). :deadhorse:

You can lose that piece of string on the Mk IXc as well – no wire aerials from the autumn of 1940 on, when HF radiosets were changed to VHF sets, with the antenna integral to the mast.

Lots of classy modelling on display here!

Kind regards,

Joachim

On 5/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, JohnT said:

One teeny point - was the break out crowbar on WW2 aircraft not just the same colour as the interior and not red which is a post war warbird event?  Apologies for pedantry and I "think" I have that rights.  If I am a quick wipe over with a hairy stick and matching colour paint  would do the trick.

The Tamiya & Revell clipped wing will be set in a museum diorama, waiting on the 1/32 figures I ordered to arrive to go with the Spits.

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Great looking Spitfires, and they will look even greater with bronze green or natural steel crowbars (unless they're modern day warbirds). :deadhorse:

You can lose that piece of string on the Mk IXc as well – no wire aerials from the autumn of 1940 on, when HF radiosets were changed to VHF sets, with the antenna integral to the mast.

Lots of classy modelling on display here!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for the info reference antenna, as you can see aircraft are not my usual modelling genre. Give me a rusted transit anytime...

On 5/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, keith in the uk said:

All great builds , just loose the Red crow bars ( Red crow bars on restored Spits only for safety reasons )  :fraidnot:

Fair comment.

The Tamiya & Revell clipped wing will be set in a museum diorama, waiting on the 1/32 civilian figures I ordered to arrive to go with the Spits.

Just want to get the finished planes out there while I wait to finish the bases.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, JohnT said:

Fair comment.

The Tamiya & Revell clipped wing will be set in a museum diorama, waiting on the 1/32 civilian figures I ordered to arrive to go with the Spits.

Just want to get the finished planes out there while I wait to finish the bases.

• Like 1