I'm building the Airfix Blenheim Mk IVF AO4017, (albeit as the bomber version all the bits are there (?) plus I have the Xtradecal set for the Mk I and IV.)

my question is about parts F3 (x2) and F8 F9  which look like some sort of aerial or pipe which are located on the outboard sides of the engine nacelles in line with the wing leading edges.. The 'fairings'? seem to obstruct the cooling gills judging by the instructions and the mounting holes have to be opened up if you attach.

I'm at a loss and cant find any images showing them. I assume they may be part of the radar kit for the Nightfighter version? I'm curious but wont be adding them to my build. Anyone help?

Ta ever so  

I'm not sure what they are but they seem to be Blenheim Mk.IF and Mk.IVF Specific, so I'd say leave them off if you're doing a Bomber variant.

Spoiler

04406.jpg

4e152a0a25110542357f959b9aed6ef0.jpg

12 hours ago, Tail-Dragon said:

I would concur F1,F2,F3,F7 and F8 are radar antenna's

Radar fit

thanks, they look to be azimuth receiving antenna  though I'm puzzled as to how the cooling gills might operate (?) with that bolted over the top. Oh well. Thanks to everyone for their responses.