2016 Spa 24 Hours Winner BMW M6 GT3

I saw this kit at a model show last year, think I got it from Tiger Models.  It was a manufacturer I had not seen before, Hobby NuNu, liked the scheme so bought it.

As a kit its very good, lacks some of the finesse that you get from the likes of Tamiya, no PE, no window masks but it is nicely moulded and the decals were a dream to work with, particularly using MG AMMO decal fix and decal set for the first time, all the yellow and grey are decals.

Anyway on to the finished build, couple of glaring mistakes, I didn't account for the thickness of the side windows when adding the yellow and grey strip along the top of the doors and now they are hidden under the clear part, also forgot to add the rear view mirror, but then again it is a BMW! 😝

As is my want, I did add a couple of LEDs to the headlights just to give a bit of life to it.

9838LNr.jpg

vAWK2s2.jpg

abEkdyN.jpg

gbIVFsg.jpg

H8fKAfH.jpg

Comments always welcome.

Cheers,

Edit, anyone know why I get such a large blank section at the end of my posts or is it just my browser?

• Like 15

That looks great... and blinkin’ fast. Did you put the decals on before the final clear coat? The lights are a neat touch. I have one in my stash, and I’d be very happy if it turned out like that!

All the best,

M.

5 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

That looks great... and blinkin’ fast. Did you put the decals on before the final clear coat? The lights are a neat touch. I have one in my stash, and I’d be very happy if it turned out like that!

All the best,

M.

Thanks M.

Yes, it had a couple of coats of Vallejo Model Air white, then a coat of Alclad AquaGloss then decals and then 3 coats of AquaGloss and a polish with AutoGlym resin polish.

17 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Stunning build, brought to life by the lights.

(I don't see a large blank section at the end of your post.)

Thanks Alpha, must be my browser.

Great build! Looks a great kit as well. I follow touring car/DTM but this kit is a bit pricey for a retiree.

That is amazing!

I am so tempted to get this. This and the build I saw in TMMI have tempted me. Just, if I get yet another model now, the missus will kill me! (Mind you that would solve my financial issues... :) )

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1