Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden 震電 Magnificent Lightning

Cheers, guys! 

5 hours ago, Toryu said:

Superb presentation! Why not fly it in formation with the jet version?

A neat idea - I could do the 1/48 jet version and do a forced perspective. I'll have to keep an eye open for a kit. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, Paul Bradley said:

I could do the 1/48 jet version and do a forced perspective. I'll have to keep an eye open for a kit. 

You could create your own version too Paul!  😀 As I was somewhat forced to do when I started on my Hasegawa 1/48 build.    Accidents happen; and then, necessity became the mother of invention. 😉

J7W3 Shinden

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Nice one, Gary - a cool, minimal conversion and thoroughly believable! 

Thank you Paul!  I'm glad it found favor with you.  Although rough in a few spots, it did give me a little more confidence that I could overcome some modeling obstacles and think outside the box a bit.   Altogether, I enjoyed the challenge and the result.

Thanks again sir!  😀

ps:  For many years I used an old veteran plumber named Paul Bradley for all my plumbing troubles.  I thought of that nice old man when I first saw your name here. 🍻

• Like 1

Great colour scheme - is white or light grey?

If you're after larger versions, Hasegawa make a couple of versions in 1/48, along with ZM's 1/48 and 1/32 offerings.

BTW - the original prototype made 3 flights, for a total of about 45 minutes flight time. It's currently sitting in the Smithsonian, waiting to be restored.

• Like 1