Italeri 1/72 F4U-7 Corsair Aéronavale 14.F.1 Suez 1954 - Completed

• HoolioPaulio changed the title to Italeri 1/72 F4U-7 Corsair Aéronavale 14.F.1 Suez 1954 - Completed

Well, I'm calling her done, all the bits are glued in.  Will get the light tent out and get some decent shots for the gallery :)

01VCA6t.jpg

Feels like those little t-pieces top and bottom of the tail are the wrong way round, but its too late for that now they are glued in.  The instructions show the bigger of the two at the bottom, and as they were different sizes I didn't label them with part numbers when painting.  Feels like the bigger one should have been up top, but hey-ho.  Tis done now 😐 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

Feels like those little t-pieces top and bottom of the tail are the wrong way round, but its too late for that now they are glued in. 

No you got them correct, look at the cutaway drawing in the link. 

https://www.historynet.com/vought-f4u-7-corsair.htm

https://www.vought.org/products/html/f4u-7.html

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

lol, trust me.  Just been outside to get some nice pics in quick for the gallery, and then back to my desk to discover I didn't fix the exhausts or under wing tanks (for fuel I assume, not massive bombs) 😐

• Like 2

Images posted in the gallery.  There's a few issues, one I will probably fix which is I forgot to paint the sprue marks on the back of the rockets after removing them from sprue where they were painted (I don't normally paint on the sprues for this reason, which is probably why I forgot).

Issues I can't fix, I gave up on the exhausts, they were too tiny and I spent so long trying to hold and apply glue to the first one that I rage quit on them and decided I'm happy with no exhausts.  Also still have work to do on my decal application process, a lot of silvering around the edges of the fuselage roundels which is annoying as most of the other look OK.

Happy enough, especially with the fact that I painted the rudder and wing stripes instead of relying on the decals.  That was another step out of my comfort zone, masking and painting such prominent detail :)

• Like 3

An excellent result, exceptional paint finish. Stands out from the crowd. It must look absolutely brilliant in a 1/72 collection.

Ray

• Thanks 1