An old build revisited and rephotographed -Toyota Mark II Police car.

I've been updating some of the photosets of older builds on my website and this was one candidate, built a few months shy of 10 years ago. I had to repair a few bits that'd come off. It's been at the back of the display cabinet for a while. I had posted it on one forum back then, but it's new to the Britmodeller forum.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Nice to see something different (as in I don't think I've seen this kit before), let alone you having made a nice job of it. It certainly seems to have worn the decade well.

Just one question - what's the clear plastic screen on the bonnet? Is it meant to deflect objects from the windscreen?

On 5/26/2020 at 8:57 PM, Spiny said:

Nice to see something different (as in I don't think I've seen this kit before), let alone you having made a nice job of it. It certainly seems to have worn the decade well.

Just one question - what's the clear plastic screen on the bonnet? Is it meant to deflect objects from the windscreen?

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure what that bonnet thing does. It's some kind of shield for sure. Can't be for anything as small as insects and it's be useless against weapons or paint bombs. I wonder if it's some kind of crash protection for pedestrians?

Had a quick Google search for photos of Japanese police force cars. Some have the thing whatever it is but most photos don’t show one. Weird thing and not sure what the application could be

I had a look around Google, and it seems that it's a debris shield used on some of the the highway cars "which protects the windshield from speed related debris such ruptured tire pieces and similar objects". Guess I shouldn't have been lazy and had a look last night.