Aeroplast 1/48 Mil Mi-2 Hoplite

Here is the Aeroplast Mi-2 which is my last completion.  I have to start out and say overall the kit is great but there are a couple odd things about it, namely that there are no real clues to any colors.  The instructions are great with that exception.  They have a very nice table with colors at the front of the instructions but no further references to this.  The other falt I have is that there are no decals for the instruments and no raised detail on them if you chose to paint them.  Given that the decals for the kit are great and you have a large number of options this one addition would have been great.  Otherwise a great kit and a great addition to any helicopter collection.   This particular chopper flew out of Krakow, Poland in the late 1990's.  The reason I did this version is I believe all the Mi-2's were built under contract in Poland so it had to be Polish and I have been to Krakow and it is one of my favorite cities, just a lovely place to go.   

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And I thought I would include a couple shots to see the relative size: in 1/48 is the Special Hobby Mi-1, the Aeroplast Mi-2 (these two are virtually the same size) and the Monogram Mi-24.  It is astonishing how large the Mi-24 is .

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 20

6 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

Thanks and I just got a package from them too, and they are a pretty good deal to boot.  My advice for anyone going to tackle this is it will make a big difference, just a little late for my build