Curtiss A-12 Shrike 1/48

Here is another one of my lockdown builds, which now that I have taken pictures I realize I need to add the wires from the end of the wings to the antenna mast.  No model is ever perfect so it is probably not the only mistake that I have made but at least it is something I can easily add after the fact.  The kit itself was somewhat of a struggle as the resin wheels were of no use and did not fit and it was difficult to determine part locations.  I used Testor 1110 enamel paint in the little square bottles for the blue as I could not find anything else that seemed closer to the color.  This particular aircraft was flying out of Wheeler Field in Hawaii in 1937.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Very nice build. The blue is close. Well done. I have one in work but now paused for other projects but I will get back to it. I have modified mine with the higher rollover fuselage just aft of the cockpit. This kit looks good finished but is a battle due to fits, etc. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Wow!   Very cool model Harold! 😎  I like the Shrikes; those fixed gear spats really serve to give her a predatory look.   The colors look great; overall, a very beautiful "Golden Age" warbird!  :clap2:

edited to add, that's a lovely garden you have as well! 

Edited by Gary Brantley
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

edited to add, that's a lovely garden you have as well! 

Thanks for the kind words but I can take no credit as the garden is 100% my wife's hobby.  I move dirt for her but only under close supervision.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Thanks for the kind words but I can take no credit as the garden is 100% my wife's hobby.  I move dirt for her but only under close supervision.  

My compliments to the Missus then Harold!   I'm sure she'll let you know if you're doing a good job. 😉   I'm married too...😁

• Like 1

That looks very smart! A wonderful model of one of my most favourite 'uglies'. I have been looking around for the A-8 Shrike but it seems unavailable, at least for under a fortune.

• Like 1