1/72 EB-57B Vermont ANG

#10 in my Vermont ANG History series, finally done. 

No conversion exists in 1/72 for the EB, so I had to scratch-build the myriad of antennae, radomes and chaff pods for this. 

Rebuilt and altered intakes to reflect the EB.

Also no decals exist yet for this in 1/72 (until Caracal releases their new sheet in 1/72), so I had to scrounge with whatever I could find.  I used Wolfpak EB-57 decals plus their Vermont F-102 decals, plus Hasegawa kit decals for the ANG badge, outstanding unit ribbon and bomb bay striping, and a ton of Superscale F-4 and F-102 data/markings.  Took most of a week to accomplish.

Quickboost ESCAPAC seats (tough to find) with their bottoms hollowed out to allow extra lead weight.  

Build thread here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235072528-172-eb-57b-vermont-ang/

kK2UuYO.jpg

j0TgIEb.jpg

jHYyG1x.jpg

fpVO7Pd.jpg

61oZH1P.jpg

usbNJ4X.jpg

r6LERqF.jpg

1jMTDpd.jpg

3wbRMqe.jpg

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

Here again joining its Vermont ANG brethren; still need an F-35A, F-89D and another T-33 (to reflect both early and later appearances).

Also, PLEASE, someone release decals in 1/72 of their GE-powered F-16's?  Closest thing out there is Wolfpak's markings for a P&W-powered "C", but the markings are not quite the same.  Please.... :pray:

JWxaIks.jpg

nKFCfBK.jpg

rnE0D1b.jpg

• Like 30

Wow, till now I did not know this variant exists. Certainly makes for a colourful model, a crying shame no decals exist 👍

Btw, nice ANG collection. Thumbs up for the postwar Thunderbolt and Mustang. The ANG units had some quite colourful birds which make a nice change from the often seen WW2 liveries.

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

Andrew, simply awesome--love the restrained yet effective weathering on the EB-57--you hit everything spot on--I bet you have some mini "zaps" of a gold VT shape with an Ethan Allen dinking a beer in the cockpit!  😎  I also really appreciate what you did with P-51H--or are my eyes tricking me!  This is an awesome collection--I will be reaching out a lot as try to put my collection together!  Thank you for the inspiration... Best, Erwin

• Like 1

Nice build of an interesting B-57 version , there was a well illustrated article in an issue of Air International back around 1980'ish about the unit which also operated some aircraft in the overall black and SEA Camouflage schemes as well as the high-viz example you have done so well but cannot recall now if they were also EB-57s or just standard B-57s used for crew flying proficiency to keep the hours down on the actual mission aircraft.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the kind comments!

Bill, which Wisconsin aircraft have you done, and in which scale?

Erwin, I haven't been back to the northeast in 35 years and need to very much....if you're ever in Arizona lemme know and we'll toast the GMB's!  I'm waiting to see if my third chaff pod will be produced; if so, I'll see what I can do for you. 

Also yes, that's an F-51H, good eye! Some sources claim they only operated six of this type, but I've got a list of nine.  I'm now trying to finish the F-51D, very difficult trying to plan the elaborate starburst design on the cowling since, once again, no decals are available....

Des, the black and the SEA birds the unit operated appear to be regular B-57C's, as they lack the EB antenna suite.

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy
  • Like 1

Very nice EB-57B. Love the collection. Your natural metal birds are awesome! That P-47 is gorgeous!

Excellent work, Andrew! 👏 The kits with a raised panel lines looks fantastic and not dated, when they’re done well - like yours. Congratulations on having the Canberra in your excellent collection. 👍

Outstanding on your finished EB-57 and the collection. Always nice to see a collection of a certain group. Has a historic ring to it. Again well done.