Matchbox Corsair F4U-4

CAN ONE OF THE MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS AS I HAVE NOW MOVED IT TO THE BLITZBUILD GALLERY WHICH IS WHERE I THOUGHT I WAS POSTING IT IN IN THE FIRST PLACE. THANKS.  MIKE.

Started: Monday 25/05/2020 06:00

Finished: Monday 25/05/2020 13:52

Total build time: 7 hours 52 minutes (less 15 minutes for a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee).

In summary, I thought a kit with only 36 parts, one coat of blue paint (two coats for the white) and a mist of satin varnish would be easy to do in 8 hours. It was really full on though, trying to get the small details right (the aluminium wheels and black tyres were constantly touched up), and trying to make a really good job of it. The decals behaved superbly, although the individual decals aren't numbered and there are no placement instructions as to which green stripe goes on which wing, which way up the green fuselage band goes on etc. It was trial and error until I worked them out. The time went by very quickly, which I suppose it does if your concentrating hard on something for so long. I'm glad I didn't chose anything more complex. By starting at 06:00 on the last day only gave me 18 hours, not 24. I'll start on the first day next time!

The blue is matt Oxford Blue (Humbrol 104), sprayed with a satin varnish, which is much darker in real life than it looks in the pictures. I'll experiment with my crap camera to see if I can correct it later. I'm off for a snooze in the sunshine.

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Mike Dean
PLEASE DELETE THIS POST
  • Like 2