WWII - German Airfield - 1944

Very ambitious, detailed and creative diorama!

It's very convincing overall, although the heavy decal silvering is a bit of the proverbial 'spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar'. Maybe just respray the camo over the crosses and use masks for repainting them?

Otherwise really excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

Lovely diorama - very realistic, like a snapshot in time.  Nice touch with the tools on the table - really adds to the overall scene.

Phil

• Like 1

Oh wow. OH WOW. OH WOOOOW!!! This is outstanding! So much going on! Outstanding model, outstanding diorama, hats off sir! Very well done. Gold star. Take the rest of the day off.

• Like 1

What a lovely piece of work, great model, nice accessories and a well-planned scene. Great work.

If I can offer one tiny suggestion and that would be to replace the aerial with stretched sprue or EZline to get rid of the sag.

• Like 1

Looks awesome, beautiful paint work. You have two very good suggestions/tips in the feedback. I’m pretty sure both posters took the time to offer them because they see that you have outstanding modelling skills and these tips will take you over the edge. 
thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Hi, Dimitris... my compliments to you on a lovely model.  Your paintwork and weathering are very good indeed, as is the overall look of the diorama.

I appreciate we all have trouble with decals that 'silver' after application.  With the likes of swastikas and certain letters/numbers, this can be tricky to resolve because of their shape, but with white or black outline crosses, I usually apply them, let them settle for about a minute, then with a sharp blade which curves upwards to the tip, I start at one side of the decal, and start cutting the film using the back of the blade, drawing the blade all the way up to the tip as you move forward, then moving the back of the blade to that point, and repeat again until the whole side is cut, then repeat on the opposite side.  You can then drawn off the centre strip of film, leaving only the shorter sections to do on the other arms of the cross.  Don't apply too much pressure as this may leave score marks on the paintwork around the centre of the decal - best to practice on an old model first.

The benefit of this is that the centre film is removed shortly before the decal dries, so the corners of the cross don't get much opportunity to move out of alignment, although they can be repositioned correctly by applying some decal solution.  Piercing the film with a pin, especially if the film is thick, may work, but my experience is that that method works better on smaller decals, or indeed, smaller areas of decals.

Once again, well done, and I hope to see more of your work in due course... ;-).

Regards,

Paul

Edited by obdl3945
  • Like 2