Revell 1/32 Corsair.

Hi folk's,rather than a few build's I thought one would suffice to hopefully run throughout the GB so tracked one down and laying a marker for a couple of 

weeks time.As I mentioned in chat the Royal Navy boxing was a birthday gift around 71 or 72 so it'll be a bit of nostalgia and hopefully with some half

decent painting the old girl will scrub up I might try and find a nice pilot figure for it.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-142500.html

• Like 13

Cool! Sure you'll make a grand job of this one big project Steve. Are you sticking with the VF-17 scheme or returning to a Royal Navy option?

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Cool! Sure you'll make a grand job of this one big project Steve. Are you sticking with the VF-17 scheme or returning to a Royal Navy option?

Thanks Col,the boxing only has the US option which is fine I always like the red outlined stars n bars.

• Like 2

I love these old kits, built 2 of them in the 90's, refreshed them in the noughties with new paint and markings. I liked the way they turned out, not Tamiya but they turn out well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, spitfire said:

I love these old kits, built 2 of them in the 90's,

They do look great Dennis,got it for £19:99 at jadlam free postage so not Tamiya prices either,as I said I might try for a pilot figure the only other things

that look poor is the wheel detail but yours look nice so maybe a paint job will do the trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Nice box art, and yes I think a bench extension might be in order.

She's a biggun Craig,it'll be interesting to see how she paints up that will make or break the build!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

You'll be fine mate, it will be a lot easier on the eye to do than the SM-79's mottle was.

Thank's Craig,she'll be going nowhere unless my LMS opens soon I'm in the worst place for years with lack of paint I'm even scraping all those little

plastic starter kit pots into jars and have about 4mm of white enamel left in a humbrol pot!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Craig,she'll be going nowhere unless my LMS opens soon I'm in the worst place for years with lack of paint I'm even scraping all those little

plastic starter kit pots into jars and have about 4mm of white enamel left in a humbrol pot!

12 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I know exactly what you mean mate, I need to stock up on some paints too or some of my builds won't be going very far at all.

Cough, cough Sovereign Hobbies. Top quality paint by mail order, I highly recommend them, just like the 'old' Humbrol but better much much better.

• Like 4

Hi folk's,no great hurry with this biggie as only entry for this GB,Dennis @spitfire very kindly sent me a black box resin cockpit set he had spare which

is a medium I've never used but is also included in the kit for the upcoming BoB GB so I better get used to it! Now I know it's the wrong way about thing's

but I didn't want to paint and detail the little beauty then ruin it with superglue for it to be wasted so I glued the various small parts on then atatched

the rear bulkhead and starboard insert  to the fuselage.I then glued the port insert in place,dry jointed the fuselage slid it back slightly to a snug fit

then after an hour drying fitted the front bulkhead to the port insert,confusing I know but better for painting in situ.The cockpit floor will drop in last.

20200603_195230

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats a great gift he's given you for this kit. It should improve the office a hundred fold. Im looking forward to seeing how it turns out. 

I'd agree 100% !

Hi folk's,I can't decide whether I'm a fan of resin or not,the detail is first class but it's a pain trying to do a decent paint job without the luxury of painting  as

you add different pieces,anyway here's my effort.I didn't have the tools for sawing the parts and  broke the rudder pedal assembly so had to compromise 

with a bit of scratching also despite double checking the instructions had to break off the joystick as it sat right under the seat so used the kit offering which

looking at Dansk's build (which I referenced for mine) is actually more representative than the resin one.

20200608_194951

20200608_200001

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I would say that you have succeeded Steve!

That is a very nicely painted cockpit my friend, very nice indeed.

Many thank's Craig it's busy enough and a great improvement on the kit's!

• Like 1