Revell 1/32 Corsair.

Thats quite a good cockpit, your repairs to the pedals look good also. Ive often thought about taking A/m items for this and the Tamiya kit and really going to town on one of these old school kits. That resin office is giving me a vision of how it might go. 

• Like 1

Hi folks.I,ve painted up the engine during the week look's very toy like after the superb detail of the resin cockpit but once inside the cowling with

that huge prop fitted should suffice,I'm at a standstill for now as I need zinc chromate paint for the next stages but I noticed on my way to work the

shutters up over a couple of day's at the model shop hopefully he's opening up next week.

20200613_185002

• Like 8

So glad to see one of these in the middle of all that flash Tamiya stuff! 

I had some good fun with one last year, and even managed to get the flaps deployed. My first F4U with flaps down. 

That's some improvement on the cockpit area with the resin add-ons! 

The wing to fuselage joints are a real weak point. I'd advise some extra work there. I glued strips of 1mm stock on the edge of the wing roots so they extended in to the void and gave something for the fuselage curve to glue to. 

IMG_20191130_234111

A couple of extra ribs in the wing roots may add a bit of structural integrity even without the flaps being removed. 

Anyway, that's for later. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

A couple of extra ribs in the wing roots may add a bit of structural integrity even without the flaps being removed. 

Thank's Rob I've a way to go yet but my LMS is now open so I can access paint and material's.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,enjoying the slower pace on this build just one session this week meant getting the fuselage joined which caused no issues but a 

fair bit of cleaning up will be required on the seams.Time now to start the wing assemblies.

20200619_103643

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Getting the fuselage closed up is a big step Steve, looking good.

On a kit this big and old probably the worst part Craig.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2020 at 10:09, stevej60 said:

but my LMS is now open so I can access paint and material's.

Big relief all round! 

I got some urgent supplies a few days ago. I was getting VERY tight for styrene cement supplies there 😶

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CliffB said:

Is that overspray around the cockpit Steve?  I thought you were a brush painter?

Cheers

It is Cliff there were so many nooks and crannies it was easier to give the airbrush a run out😀

• Like 1

Evening folk's,well I have to say so far this kit has pleasantly surprised me,each step I thought would be an issue hasn't,OK a few dry runs more 

than usual and the swiping of wet'n dry over the mating surfaces not often needed on new releases but I'm happy with the progress.Only a touch

of filler here and there nothing near as much as expected,

20200622_194102

I still have a Tamiya kit in the stash but really can't see me having time to build it for this GB so here's their birdcage issue built a few years back

after a dusting!

20200622_202200

• Like 5

Hi folk's an update for this build was due,the u/c has been added and the bulk of the airframe ready for primer,it struck me looking over Craig's built

the total lack of any detail on those doors but that's how I'll leave it.The outer wing's just need a sanding then the dreaded task of fixing them in place.

a dry run shows a possible struggle.As far as wheel well and u/c painting goes it's a minefield,everyone seem's to have an opinion but many seem to

believe that when the underside white was sprayed everything else was sprayed white too so that makes life easier for me!

20200627_223503

• Like 5