Aerotech 1/32nd Supermarine S6b - a weighty model

This beast was in one particular respect a difficult build - floats and legs. Anyway, it's done. Though I really will have to do something about that damn black line. I should have placed it before the bracing wires... I think it was an aid to give the pilot an idea for lining up on a pylon for the turn?

S-6b-final S6bfin_2

S6bfin_1

Ta for looking and comments are invited... :)

• Like 22

Thanks. I had real trouble with the alignment between the float, struts and fuselage. Be careful, the struts break with almost any bending. If I had the  skill and patience, making my own struts, using the ends from the kit might have been better, maybe.

This really is beautiful, very nice work! I especially admire the aluminium surface; very life-like. Opening Youtube and looking at those clips of Scheider Trophy planes again...and listening to the sound of Rolls-Royce R.

Cheers,

Antti

Oh, that is just lovely! :clap2: Very nice work on an iconic racer.  It reminds me that I have the Hawk 1/48 kit about half finished in my display, languishing there for years.   Your beautiful model is a great inspiration and motivation for getting it finished.   Thanks for sharing your fantastic S6B!  😀

1 hour ago, Viking said:

That's gorgeous,  great work. I always find resin kits difficult - I assume it is resin?

Cheers

John

Thank you. Yep, 300 grammes of the stuff. Wouldn't want to drop it on your foot :)