BF109 G-10 late war scheme?

Werdna

40 minutes ago, Werdna said:

You're right, of course.  However, I've just done a Ta152C as a 'pure fantasy' build, so in those terms I'm on a bit of a roll... ;) 

On a separate note - do decal manufacturers/profilers ever respond to threads like this with an indication of their sources or explanation of their rationale? 

Then just use a colour you fancy! A more believable option would be to paint one or more of the cowlings in a different camouflage and say they/it had been taken from a different airframe, which did happen from time to time, rather than just paint part of it.

I doubt if many if any look in on any forums to help with their research.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tank152 said:

Then just use a colour you fancy! A more believable option would be to paint one or more of the cowlings in a different camouflage and say they/it had been taken from a different airframe, which did happen from time to time, rather than just paint part of it.

I doubt if many if any look in on any forums to help with their research.

Of course, with a Ta152C, how many "other aircraft" were there? 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolls-Royce said:

Good question.. ;) 

2 hours ago, Rolls-Royce said:

But we're not talking about the Ta152C in this thread are we🤔

9 minutes ago, tank152 said:

But we're not talking about the Ta152C in this thread are we🤔

Oops! Got this confuzzled with the 152C thread when I saw your avatar. That's what happens when you get old...😔

• Haha 1

If we take it that white 57 is an Erla built Mk 10 then the decal profile is wrong as it shows standard Mk 10 features and I can't see any variation in the upper surface camo on the nose to suggest 02 or any other colour apart from what looks like 75 over 76. I think the second photo of white 57 in post #44 above shows this fairly clearly. I think I might just have to build another Erla Mk 10 as white 57 because it's just different enough. Don't you just love late war Luftwaffe stuff.

Edited by fastterry

• 2 years later...

Dear All,

5F+12 is an old favorite G-10, not least for nostalgical reasons; I still have that old issue of Aerfoil 3, as well as the old Monogram Painting Guide.

With the pics shown in this tread I thought I had seen all published pics of her. Then I just stumbled on another one, on p.72 in the SAM Datafile Bf 19 p.2/Lynn Ritger.

Shown in b/w, slightly from the rear.

I have only seen one pic of that plane taken from the front, a rather dark and murky one on p.57 in the MMP/Wolowski book. The 4-view color profile in the book also suggests partially unpainted undersides of wings, a possible interpretation of that murky pic.

Are there other photos around, showing the undersides better?

(Mind, I'm NOT complaining! It is very rare that we have such a wealth of pics, also in color, shoving so many aspects of one plane)