Hi All,

Just finished this Trumpeter SU-34 in 1/72. I found the kit to be a massive improvement over the old Italeri offering with one massive exception. The nose. The shaping was totally off to the point that I think someone at either Trumpeter or Sukhoi needs to have their fax machine serviced. There have been a few people who have reprofiled the nose however I found it easier to perform a nose job. I whipped the old nose off and replace it with a resin replacement that would make most plastic surgeons blush. Other than that, the kit has been built from the box. 

Finding the right paint for the model was also a challenge. Vallejo have started making some shades suitable for SU-27 however the SU-34 is a much more colourful affair. I instead resorted to a trial and error mixing my own shades that I think are close enough to be convincing. I did light weathering on the weapons, but the airframe is pristine to really let the bright colures do the talking. Again, any feedback would be appreciated

Hope you like it

BR60066

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Thanks all :)

4 hours ago, jhutchi said:

Fantastic. I do like a Su34, something about that hump behind the cockpit. 

Great build 

It’s such an interesting shape isn’t it. That combined with how it blends into the long tail boom really makes it a unique aircraft.

6 hours ago, br60066 said:

Thanks all :)

It’s such an interesting shape isn’t it. That combined with how it blends into the long tail boom really makes it a unique aircraft.

Yes, and quite a size as well? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jhutchi said:

Yes, and quite a size as well? 

Yes, it dwarfs anything else in my collection that isn’t a bomber. Its larger than an F111 with its wings out and that’s not exactly a small aircraft. :)