12 minutes ago, Shin said:

I was thinking about trying hairspray with mine as well. Did you consider a hairspray layer after the aluminum before the YZC? I like what you did, a mix of aluminum and ZYC in parts then hairspray on top of that for the blue to chip into, saves one hairspray layer step but have benefit of both colors.

Thank you Shin... Ive done that layer on other builds, but on this one i used masking/chipping fluid for that layer. You should try it find a cheap kit to practice on and have a go. You would be surprised at how easy it is and how fun. Just remember less is more as i may have overdone it a little in some spots. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dennis. I've already started some testing, definitely not going to have my first shot at it be on the Corsair hah. Hope my chipping turns out as good as yours, keep up the good work. Can't decide whether I like this one or your FAA Corsair more. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Somehow I've still not seen any of that series, can't have been shown in the UK or I'm certain I would have watched it.

Granted its all pretty much fiction, but if youre a Corsair nut its a great show. They had 5-6-8 Corsairs at any given time, A P-38 in one episode, A Duck in a few episodes, and I also remember B-25’s, C-47’s(R4D). Not to mention the entire cast of TORA TORA TORA Japanese clone aircraft. 

• Like 2

Dennis I've watched documentaries that could be classed as fiction so "The Black Sheep" will be fine. I have recently watched a couple of episodes of "Flying Through Time" which is riddled with horrendous inaccuracies such as about 5 minutes of talking about Hellcats whilst showing P-47's, I often think such  things are best watched with the sound turned off and just watch the pictures.

• Like 3