1/72 RGM-109s - Finished.

Good Evening.

Here is my subject:

200504a RGM-109 Box front

There are two in the box: one each in flight and launch modes. Both have pretty nice display bases. I washed the sprues yesterday but otherwise it's un-started.

Here is the time. At least this was the time before I started struggling with my laptop to post this! My watch is five mins fast.

200524a Start

I'm going for the 24 hour option but my wife has to work because of lockdown/Coronavirus. So, I might lapse into the lockdown option if the kids take up too much of tomorrow.

See you in a bit.

Alan

• Like 3

Thanks Pat.

This has gone pretty well so far.

200524b Just started

I thought I'd better put this up. I'm on a diet. The cups of coffee have been replaced by Earl Grey.

At bedtime I got this far:

200525a Bedtime. Fuselage assembly done

The bits at top and bottom are the base for the launch and in-flight versions respectively. The fuselages are complete apart from clean up of the seams. I'm impressed with how quickly the Tamiya liquid glue dries, and I could clean these up now. But I'd be better for the sleep.

(Low-calorie) Chocolate Ovaltine.

Night night,

Alan

Good Morning.

Breakfast.

200525b Breakfast

I have restored my tissues with a slice of toast and slightly arcane marmalade, and Lavazza espresso. Total calories ~290.

I am really looking forward to this: nothing has gone wrong...yet.

Alan

• Like 1

I hate cleaning up seams and therefore have taken a small break to start the tea, feed the son and drink the Earl Grey, again.

200525c Elevenses.

The launch motor and launch-config fuselage (no wings) are cleaned up, and the in-flight fuselage is half done.

See you in a bit.

Alan

Edited by Angus Tura
inarticulacy
  • Like 1

Uck is right, if it were Ovaltine, but it's Ovaltine chocolate and quite palatable.

So, one little thing went wrong but only some holes to fill at divided sprue gates.

200525d holes to fill

They filled in OK with the lower side colour (Mr.Color 308) which does dry really fast. Sorry about the photo.

Lunch.

200525e lunch

Chicken and watercress roll with orangina. 385kCal.

Then finished building.

200525f assembly complete and pause.

The fins were a bit if a fiddle, to put it mildly. Especially the folded ones on the launch version. But I'm pretty happy.

I have to stop the clock there for lockdown-related childcare reasons. I hope that's OK. I've got 4 hours to paint them which I think should be do-able.

Alan

• Like 1

Good Evening.

Restart:

200525g restart

I am very glad to have the lockdown option. My wife doesn't usually do call but she's had to go in today because of the virus. So, thanks for that. I stopped with four hours to go but now, I suppose I've got 3.5.

Alan

• Like 1

Hi.

Nearly there>

200525h painted

These painted up really easily, which is to say these particular Mr.Color colours work really well. I'm a bit disappointed that there so little contrast between C307 and C308: you can barely see that the tops and bottoms are different colours.

Alan

• Angus Tura changed the title to 1/72 RGM-109s - Finished.

Curses. I just failed to get them into the gallery! I hadn't realised there was a deadline.

Not to worry.

Here is my next planned BB.

200526a One door closes and another one opens

An alarming amount of etch! This will be August except in the unlikely event that we have a summer holiday, in which case it'll be Christmas.

Alan

• Like 1