Spitfire Mk.II Aces High

I don’t normally build ww2 era planes and even rarer you can find 1:32 subject on my desk. But having Revell release this kit about 6 months before my good friend’s birthday, who is (surprise surprise) a huge Maiden fan, the ever present “what to buy for birthday” question was solved then and there.

I am happy how she turned out and the Spit brought the new proud owner to the brink of tears and a huge bear hug 😄

Anyhow, Up the Irons!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Oh Hello there sweet thing....!!!  Massive Maiden fan here too - that is a cracker of a build - Eddie has never looked so good!!

What a great gift for your buddy.   \m/   \m/

• Like 1

@InFlames out of interest, how did you get Eddie sat in the cockpit. I tried but found his feet would sit on top of pedals, seating him a tad too high and I was really hesitant to force it/ break it.

Edited by Sharknose

What paints did you use and how did you get this outstanding finish? Truly outstanding build and finish. I want to buy the Tammy kit now. 

Edited by 28ZComeback

Oh wow that's awesome, didn't know that existed. As a Maiden fan as well, really cool build to see and excellent execution! Shame it's in a ridiculously huge scale or I'd go and get one as well!

Thank you everybody!

On 5/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Val_Ukraine said:

Absolutely fantastic! And great paintwork on the pilots! :worthy::speak_cool:

The pilots were a challenge as I have little to none experience in figure painting.

23 hours ago, Sharknose said:

@InFlames out of interest, how did you get Eddie sat in the cockpit. I tried but found his feet would sit on top of pedals, seating him a tad too high and I was really hesitant to force it/ break it.

Have you tried installing it at the end of the build? I decided not to risk anything and installed it before closing the canopy into the fuselage halves. Indeed the feet sit on top of the pedals, but I don't recall having any issues with sitting position. But you could actually cut away the whole boots and you wouldn't notice on a finished build.

23 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

What paints did you use and how did you get this outstanding finish? Truly outstanding build and finish. I want to buy the Tammy kit now. 

Mr.Paint lacquers - blackbasing, painting, oil weathering and MrPaint matt lacquer as final sealing coat.

21 hours ago, Vlad said:

Oh wow that's awesome, didn't know that existed. As a Maiden fan as well, really cool build to see and excellent execution! Shame it's in a ridiculously huge scale or I'd go and get one as well!

Yeah, I work almost only in 1:72 so dealing with 1:32 was quite a challenge... stopped counting at some time, how many times I hit a wing into the desk or desktop lamps :D

7 hours ago, Swifty said:

Thats, really cool, how does it build up any major problems?

Nothing major really. I know it has some inaccuracies for Mk.II version but the construction was rather nice. Maybe some work on the lower wing to fuselage join.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swifty said:

Thats, really cool, how does it build up any major problems?

I couldn't work out that if you want to build with wing flaps closed,  should they be completely closed,  ie no gap between wing and flap.  If there shouldnt be, then they are an issue.

Well they were for me, but I cant hold a candle to this lad. Miles ahead of my skills.