Bandai lighting unit for B-Wing

If you have the 1/72 scale Star Wars B-Wing kit from Bandai and like me couldn't get/or afford to splash out extra for the Special Edition that includes the battery powered lighting unit for the engine exhausts. I have found a seller on eBay in Shanghai who sells (what looks like) the same light unit but is labelled as for the Bandai Gundam HG Gypsy Revenger for £2.95 each incl. postage! And in a range of LED colours and says includes batteries too. 

Looking at pictures of the B-Wing light unit and this one they look identical. I might be wrong and may have spent £2.95 unnecessarily but for that price it's worth a punt.

Side note: Bandai say to use a yellow LED when in the movie they look more to be pink/red in colour.

I shall post update as, when, and indeed if, it turns up!!! 

😃👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will fit fine in the B-Wing. The lighting unit that Bandai used is a standard one they have for their Gundam kits, and there are a few third party copies available on ebay. I used one on my B-Wing build and it worked well, although the included batteries aren't up to much and won't last long. Best to replace them with better quality ones.

44994978731_e1e542ddcf_b.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Andy Moore said:

It will fit fine in the B-Wing. The lighting unit that Bandai used is a standard one they have for their Gundam kits, and there are a few third party copies available on ebay. I used one on my B-Wing build and it worked well, although the included batteries aren't up to much and won't last long. Best to replace them with better quality ones.

44994978731_e1e542ddcf_b.jpg

Andy:cat:

Ah that's great, thanks.

And your model looks ace 😁👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...