A Hurricane in Belgium

So if you managed to join me over in my post for the SB 2M, I told you that I had also completed a Hawker Hurricane and would be completing a separate build thread - so here goes.

As the title suggests, I decided to go a bit off piste with the Hurricane and rather than build as the usual RAF machine, decided to mix things up a bit and go for the Belgian scheme within the box.  I'm really glad I did as the all silver underside and the black, yellow and red of the Belgian Air Force roundels really makes it pop.  This is the Mk 1 (2 bladed prop) boxing of the Airfix Hurricane and unlike some of the trials and tribulations I had with the SB 2M Bomber, I can happily say that this was a joy to put together with no fit issues and probably the most solid undercarriage of any aircraft kit I've ever built.

Build is OOB with the addition of seat belts, wing tip lights and aerial wire just to add an extra few realistic touches.  Painted with Tamiya for the RAF Dark Green and Mr Hobby Aqueous for the Dark Earth with the usual pin wash and pigments etc to add some weathering to blend everything together.  Again photo heavy - sorry - can never decide what to leave in and what to take out!!  Hope you enjoy and feefback is always appreciated from BM's modelling greats.

Thanks

Kris

DSC00591

DSC00593

DSC00596

DSC00598

DSC00599

DSC00601

DSC00603

DSC00606

DSC00608

DSC00611

DSC00612

DSC00616

DSC00619

DSC00622

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next build.

Kind regards,

Mark

Thanks for your kind words Mark. I recently completed the ICM SB 2 which was posted the same time as the hurricane if you want to check it out. I'm currently working on the Italeri Ju 86 so hope to get that posted up when complete

1 hour ago, Wulfman said:

Lovely job on the Hurricane, looks great in Belgian markings !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman - really appreciated. Glad you liked the Belgian markings - I did too and thought it would make a nice change from the more usual offerings